Have you ever been recovered by a horse!

Paul64

If anyone gets stuck in Hampshire, I can offer 3HP help!

Two of them are base model Shetlands, the other is a Shetland/Welsh Cob hybrid :P And they're all tax-exempt :D

I can offer 2 /12 HP if your stuck in bamton

post-5542-1205148751_thumb.jpg

post-5542-1205148897_thumb.jpg

but i think 5ton of tractor may do a better job :lol:

Tim

I was chatting to my neighbour (should that be nay-bour?) yesterday... He has just bought a treadmill for exercising and assessing the horses he has.

The amusing thing was that the treadmill is driven by a 5.5 HP motor. Which to me, means it takes 5.5 HP to drive one horse :P

Nothing wrong with being recovered by a horse! If you're ever stuck in the North Nottinghamshire area, give these boys a few carrots and they'll do the honours.

I've quite often used the big chesnut fella for hauling logs at home.

gallery_825_323_7905.jpg

...and I'll just get the jokes about bareback riding out the way now, if you don't mind.

Mark.

You B@$t@&ds!! I just saw what you guys did. :hysterical: Very funny. What will new guys joining think when they see that??? :glare: Anyway. its 113bhp..with the horse... more than standard :P

Ok. so when will live this down? Did paul say, when he was asked if we want a Tractor or a Horse he chose the horse.. and didnt tell me untill it arrived..... Its all Pauls fault. Just wait till he gets stuck next :rolleyes:

There are a number of pics with you with that grin from that day!! :P

Have a look at the youtube link again. then look at the stats. They are going up quick and if you look at the Honours and links its gone global. Its on another 4x4 forum and another FRENCH forum!!! I cant belive the French of all people are taking the mick out of my landrover :o

can anyone hazzard (an educated) guess of how much weight that horse had to pull? I wasnt badly stuck, just couldnt get over a little bump created by my tyrespushing mud up front and it was only a light incline.

Well, as no-one else has had a go, I'll use the education of others ...

The vehicle is stationary, even if you were using 'drive assist', which I think you were, the vehicle was still stationary. So, at first pull the horse is pulling a deadweight, the drive assist has zero value.

I recall a table has been posted, created with the winchers in mind, and possibly now in the Tech Archive, that gives the pull required in all conditions, from clean flat road to steep uphill and floorpan deep in the mire. You start with the vehicle weight, then use several multipliers, the first being less than 1, if the road is flat and smooth (eg, tarmac). Sum the individual answers and there is your 'horsepower', which in that scenario equates to torque at zero rpm, I think.

You know the weight of your vehicle, and between you, you can make the best judgement of which multipliers to use.

You will find it useful to print the table out if you are going to succumb to the delights of an electric or hydraulic horse. :-))

I'll let someone else find the table, a wincher probably has it bookmarked!!

Thanks for the fun BTW.