Wild Welsh Weekend? Forum get together.

GBMUD

Here's the ones I took.

First of all thanks to the crazy blonde Fi for leading us through some beautiful countryside, and some very good lanes. My third time to Wales, and was just as good as ever. It was good to see you guys as well, what a shame so many had to drop out, you missed a good weekend, especially Saturday - what a glorious day it was. Sunday was wet, and grey, and very cold, low cloud covered what would have been more excellent views. The day was ruined bu some total idiots that were a prime example of why people want the lanes closing. More about it on another thread on the Int forum.

This is the view of the viaduct from the farm. The mist starting to clear on Saturday morning makes a good effect.

IM000370-copy.jpg

Euuuuuurgh! Who parked those things in the way of another nice picture :D

IM000373-copy.jpg

Another nice view from the Farm.

IM000374-copy.jpg

This is a particularly nice fence! :)

IM000376-copy.jpg

Fiona looking tiny against the impressive backdrop

IM000378-copy.jpg

Ashley and partner (or is it wife) in a nice 110.

IM000379-copy.jpg

One more nice view

IM000386-copy.jpg

We came across this accident. It looks like he clipped the bank and flipped his van onto it's side.

The van is a write-off by the looks of it. He certainly didn't look very happy.

IM000389-copy.jpg

Some idiots

IM000394-copy.jpg

Srata Florida (I think)

IM000402-copy.jpg

IM000403-copy.jpg

IM000405-copy.jpg

We drove to the bottom of the Lane from hell, but only to the bridge. We walked up to take a look and decided that we wouldn't try it with the gear we had.

The evidence we got halfway

IM000420-copy.jpg

Thanks again everyone, hopefully the next one will be with me and catflap :D

Les. :)

What a fantastic weekend, Chris many thanks for letting us all know your plans and recommending the accommodation, lanes etc.

It was great to meet up with you all and put names to faces. My plans were slightly different for the weekend, met up with Tim to convoy up from Magnor services on Fri, laning Sat then a 0540 depart Sunday for a Challenge comp in Exeter. Both days were superb, even if my rover didn’t get muddy in Wales!

After Big Si motor reworks taking a little longer on Sat that just left Si White and TJ101 as we set off for Sarn Helen and LFH, followed by a couple of smaller lanes in that area (someones corner etc), we then did the same lanes in reverse heading back to the B&B.

Some of my pics from the day:

The fantastic view and lovely weather for Sat morning:

LovelyStartSmall.jpg

Sarn Helen, ford crossing, this is about as deep as the Hybrid goes isn’t it Tim?

AsDeepasTimgoesSmall.jpg

Some nice rocky steps down to the bridge on LFH.

Si-RocksdownSmall.jpg

Thought we would have a look see first:

NiveWalkUpSmall.jpg

Going UP LFH

Si-UpSmall.jpg

OvershegoesSmall.jpg

MoreFunSmall.jpg

Si-LFHSmall.jpg

WinchUpSmall.jpg

Rear diff guards are useful

RearDiffSmall.jpg

Coming back down later in the day

FrontAxleSmall.jpg

3 point front linkage has good articulation (not always advantageous though)

A cracking day, cheers for the company Tim, Mark and Si. Si sorry theres a lack of photos of yours they are a bit wobbly! I will post CDs to you and Tim of the ones i have.

Big Si - many thanks for the door sills, fans i chucked in the back of your wagon.

Tony - You missed a cracking weekend, envelope on the shelf for you at mine, Jays roof bars are currently at Tims (they had to go on the roof rack to get back!)

And yes truck did get muddy at the Challenge Mark!!!

Sarn Helen, ford crossing, this is about as deep as the Hybrid goes isn’t it Tim?

Morning James,, in a word NO,hopefully Si has a pic going through the ford we did on Sunday,a wee bit deeper, and got out ok,

ed to say, James, i put on a new thread for our pics, as this one is getting a tad long !!

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...t=0entry39762

What an excellent weekend!

Thanks to Chris (GBMUD) for allowing a couple of beginners to tag along each day. And the others guys: Graham, Nigel, Si, Mo for helping us out of a few holes!

And our £400 V8 RR didn't conk out once!

Thanks again guys

Chris

Mo - 6/7 May is the current planned challnge event - Devon/Somerset area. details to follow on confirmation of site and insurance.

back end of the year sep/oct/nov is a planned greenlaning weekend in SW again more details to follow.