1st Round of the AWDC "Howling Wolfe" Roll Call

Well I've just got home from set-up today (I love living 10 minutes from a site for a change), the drivers are in for a treat... :ph34r: The site is pretty wet... But not as wet as I've seen it before...

Bout 15 crews camping out onsite tonight, good luck to them!

See you all tomorrow. If you see a caged jimny or a guy with a camera say hi.

Guest WALFY

Paul

Punches 1 thru 18 were in DEEP water. I'm sure James & Nick will be along to tell all. But James was wet up to his t*ts when I saw him at the end. SS2 was good, nice to see different routes taken to achieve the end result.

Only downside was that when you were in the Q to start the stage you could wander round and watch the teams before you, and then choose your route accordingly, rather than drive it blind so to say. But there you go I wasn't organising it so what I say doesn't matter

Wow - - -How cold was that water.... I think I may be talking normally tomorrow, once my mandhood ventures out from my neck. :blink:

fantatastic event (no I am not saying that because we won our class) that site I do like it... and thankfully the motor performed pretty much spot on for us - -the driver is also getting better, I am sure of it.

great event bring on the next event - where ever it is.

A big thanks to all the marshalls/organising lot/ sponsors -- good event -- the rest will also be dam good me thinks going by that.

Well hope you all had good fun. If we'd known the water was going to rise that much during the day things might have been different!! Cheers to Nige and Ben Hollis for coming back out after the finish to help recover the most stuck vehicle I have ever seen...

I've stuck the pictures up here:

Howlin' Wolf Round 1

;)

Christ Almighty :huh:

I am knacked......Worked from the start at 10.00 till around 3.45 when we finished, ...............and returned to control.

Issues for the day was early on on one of the boggy well of the track punches we got to the punch after a bit of jigling about and then the rear MileMarker winch when pulling heavily sideways gave a "BANG" and then no drive :blink: .This caused us real problems geting out, and when around an hour later when we did via the front winch an investigation showed the rear MM had shattered its drum, .......shearing the end plate off the tube part :( . This did then cause us an issue throughout the day with punches where we didn't even attempt them as no rear winch to either move the rear about or get us out, .....but all in all Jon W and I had a bl**dy fablous day and really enjoyed the challenging punches that we did manage.

I know exactly how much work time and effort goes into the organisation of these events, and this was IMVHO an absolute winner maybe only 40x punches but the qaulity was fantastic, just wish the rear Hydop winch hadn't got POP so early in the day :( .......got nowhere near the punches available - floundered and got stuck in many of those we did do

If this is the std of the future events then the series will be a Hoot and a Half, cracking time (literally :lol:) and othjer than that a few extra dings dents and a set of pads gone, but a fantastic day the weather was grot most of the time tho ....din't matter had a fab time

I can now almost feel my toes again, ...........but with the amount of lager in me and a nice long hot bath and meaty din dins who cares :lol:

As to if I have the ability to move without groaning tommorow........... time will tell.............. :lol:

Thanks all, .........

Love it, ...........

fab day............... thanks to all involved ..............you should righty be really proud of the event today :)

Nige

PS As to the recovery at the end of the event I couldn't belive it when I saw it, ..............

there was a nice tubed 4x4............. with no rear drive and stuck in a HUGE Mud bog -..........

when we arrived all you could see was the windscreen ............and a rather fed up driver :lol:,

the rest was in mud, ..........................................quite stunning really, ................anyone have any pics ????????????

What I really thought was nice was the 100% genuine "Thankyou" from the crew when we (finally) got them out, the mud stuck on it was was amazing,

but there was a real easy going and friendly atmos all day :)

So, we got back sooner than expected, despite playing with the trucks on the M25 - they've got more gears than I have but still get p*ss*d off when I overtake them.

Well I hope everyone had a great day - not quite the weather we had anticipated but that's the one thing we don't have control over.

I had worried that we might have lost our touch with 4 months off but I think the team were so fired up and raring to go that it all fell back into place very quickly.

I'd like to thank all the marshals for their input, especially Surrey Mafia and the NCGL who came all the way from the North to ensure that we met that standards we have all come to expect. I forgot to mention them specifically at the prizegiving for which I apologise.

Anyhoo, thanks again to everyone who has supported us this far, 1 down, 7 to go, the weather may get better, the competition will only get better

Just like to say well done and congratulations to chris and co. for the victory. I was watching him for some of the day and driving and dedication was very impressive. Well done to Adrian as well, very impressive driving skills there too! And pat on the back to everyone else as it was a great day even though I was a spectator!

Cheers

Big thanks to the AWDC and marshals for organising a great weekend, the layout of the punches were spot on. Thanks to challenger 4x4 for supplying us with Hot drinks and shelter from the rain over the weekend. It was the first time for me at Slab so i had no idea of what to expect, I was a bit sceptical as to how well the truck would perform with the latest addition of mods along with the fact that Adrian and i were Trying out a new set of +40% gear ratio's for the Gigglepin twin-motor top housing. However it all worked in our favour, the truck and winches performed faultlessly all day. :P

Can’t remember the number of the punch, but did anyone get the one that involved driving through 4ft of water on a 45degree angle? I bottled it halfway when the water was halfway up the steering wheel and winched back out! :rolleyes:

Thanks to all concerned for a great weekend and possibly pnuemonia, is there a greater, wetter hole in this country? (carefull boys),

No brakes, no power steering again, but the heater was good,

Great fun, megasquirt is as it says, MEGA, not one single missfire, cough or hickup all day, wow!

Thanks again :D

Had a cracking day,new winch's worked a treat,free spooling a drum on bearings is a dream,spent most of the day waist deep in bog water but well worth it,my first visit to slab and liked it,

If round 1 is anything to go by it's going to be a great series,

A big thanks to all involved for a good event,

Carl.

Neil and Marshalls - a cracking day thank you for all your hard work, it was a little wet underfoot in places but thoroughly enjoyed it and we made it past 28mins this time as well which was nice (and a first).

Hope you didnt get off the site too late, certainly a nice venue with some great bits of kit on show, roll on the next event!