Spare wheel carrier

Scotian

Hi people. I've got a mate here who has a swing away rear spare wheel carrier and he asked if I know how its meant to fit. I've not seen it and I've not had one or seen one close enough to know how they differ and how they fit.

Is there any chance some people could post pics showing how theirs is fitted? I've fitted a hilift jack to the rear of my landrover ant its wrecking the rear right quarter pannel (which I now need to reinforce before it really damages it) so I am guessing the wheel carrier will need to be located in a certain way too.

Cheers

My Mantec one uses the top of the tub and the rear crossmember, I'm quessing fitting will vary between makes tho - you'd need to know what make it was to know exactly how it fits.

can't you/he just offer it up and see where the holes match?

Hi people. I've got a mate here who has a swing away rear spare wheel carrier and he asked if I know how its meant to fit. I've not seen it and I've not had one or seen one close enough to know how they differ and how they fit.

Is there any chance some people could post pics showing how theirs is fitted? I've fitted a hilift jack to the rear of my landrover ant its wrecking the rear right quarter pannel (which I now need to reinforce before it really damages it) so I am guessing the wheel carrier will need to be located in a certain way too.

Cheers

hi mate

i have just purchased aprils edition of land rover monthly and there is an article in it on how to fit a swing out spare wheel carrier.

hope this helps you out bud!

neil