What dizzy do I need for my 3.5??

Landy 90 Hybrid

Hi all, after plenty of fault finding and thanks to FF, I think it may be the ignition amp that is playing up. I have had a search around on that giant skip that is ebay and cannot find an amp available seperatly, only with a dizzy attached.

My amp has two pins like this |-, are there various types of dizzy or just the one that have that type of connection? If so what do I need?

I would wait till im home but just thought I would have a look whilst at work.

Kind regards

Jonathan

Is the amp on the Dizzy .............. 35DLM8 ?

If so then the amp is cheap .............. you have the old 2 pin version which was replaced with a 3 pin version and comes with a new plug and wiring details. IIRC the amp is about £35 .................the older TVR's eat then for breakfast due to the under bonnet heat......

Just checked .............the part number is STC1184 and they retail at £32.50+VAT

In fact I might even have a good used one here, complete with the correct lead..........

:)

Ian

yeah the amp is on the RHS of the dizzy, about the 3-4 oclock position IIRC. I have a spare dizzy from a 3.9, with a 3 prong connector. Do you mean that I can get a lead that converts the 2 pin to a 3, and then use the later ignition amp?

Any info would be great, where did you get the part number for?

Jonathan