1/2 CHASSIS FOR A SERIES 3 SWB

STEVE.

HI ALL. I AM HOPING TO FIT A NEW 1/2 CHASSIS TO MY SWB SAFARI. I DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF A GARAGE SO I AM WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO FIT IT WITH THE BODY IN PLACE ? I HAVE ALREADY GOT THE AXLE AND SPRINGS OFF AS I WAS GOING TO PATCH THE ORIGINAL BUT IT HAS MORE HOLES THAN A SWISS CHEESE. HOPE SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME SOME GUIDANCE.

You may be able to fit the 1/2 chassis with the body in place. It may even help with lining up the chassis. If you lift the floor out of the back you will be able to see if you can get enough access to the top of the chassis rails to weld them.

HI ALL. I AM HOPING TO FIT A NEW 1/2 CHASSIS TO MY SWB SAFARI. I DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF A GARAGE SO I AM WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO FIT IT WITH THE BODY IN PLACE ? I HAVE ALREADY GOT THE AXLE AND SPRINGS OFF AS I WAS GOING TO PATCH THE ORIGINAL BUT IT HAS MORE HOLES THAN A SWISS CHEESE. HOPE SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME SOME GUIDANCE.

Have a look at this link. It is possible to do but floor will need taking out. http://www.lro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2...e0f1443d8e98928

Terry

Don't forget that the old fashioned Arc welder is an option for doing the top of the chassis if the mig torch can't access the area.

Just put a gentle bend in the rod and away you go - doesn't matter if you can't use all the rod, compared to the hassle of the body removal.

I would suggest that you fabricate a jig of some sort to support the body in the right place if you are going to do this.

G.

In my experience of trying to do it, you can do it with the body on but if there is some way you could take the body off it makes the whole job alot easier especially when your trying to make sure the new half is lined up properly with the front 1/2 of the chassis