Winches

siggy

1 is sh&te

2 is poor qulaity

Phone PG winches

Buy an ex 2nd hand 8274 / PTOP 525 or series 500 / H14 and smile from then on...

A cheap winch / poor quiality / budget winch has no 2nd hand value and is just false economy....

If you decide to ignore this advice, you will remember it when you most need the winch and the cr^p you bought fails you

Better to buy a QULAITY 2nd hand winch than a POS new one.............

Sorry but that is truly the way it is.....

Nige :ph34r:

If one were to be looking for a "budget" winch then the superwinch EP9 range are the best value on the market at the moment and the cone brake seems to be well thought out.IMHO :o

That said there is a lot of mileage in getting a second hand 8274 for not much more money and knowing that it will last much longer than you'll ever want it, if you look after it.

Wondered how long before a winch argument could be started on this shiny new forum :lol:

[can of fuel in hand, fire well ablaze, coat on, door open]

Naah you don't want electric winches, too much noise, flat batteries, blow up all the time, get a Milemarker :lol:

I'll shut the door on the way out :ph34r:

Wondered how long before a winch argument could be started on this shiny new forum :lol:

[can of fuel in hand, fire well ablaze, coat on, door open]

Naah you don't want electric winches, too much noise, flat batteries, blow up all the time, get a Milemarker :lol:

I'll shut the door on the way out :ph34r:

no flat batteries on mine used all day at Slindon.

failed to recover me froma hole with 20ft of line off the drum

meaning 80ft still on the drum

saved by Nigels hydraulic one with mine pulling at the same time, I know Nigels would have done it along , I think all cable off would have seen me out, I was amazed the plasme held up as the winch kept on pulling. :ph34r:

Nigels is superb

As are the PTO ones

MM are mmm like galvanising

I cant believe you electric boys are still so disillusioned especially Mr.Cordell who after many electrickery upgrades still needed to call in hydraulic (pictures posted recently) nicely done HFH .:D good job you'd only got two ground anchors how far did u pull Will & Mr. Bosh??

Good job you were there otherwise a certain very well equipped (other than winch choice i might add!) Exmoor based 90 might have been swallowed by Slindon mud and still stuck now, with dead battery & smoking Albrights :(

When will you all admit to bogmuncher and my lead and get the Milemarker???

Milemarker Slow but Sure!!! :P Pull Pull Pull and then Pull the Other one Oh and Husky's are girls winches arnt they?

Sorry Tony i couldnt resist ;)