new army land rover with a lump in the bonnet!!!

pux

Found this while looking for the refit photo's of the MOD land rovers and came across this. It looks like it was a last minute thought to me as its just the same as the old 110 but with the new engine!! here's a picture.

post-2548-1207168695_thumb.jpg

Nah, I rekon they just grabbed the first bonnet that came to hand off the line - they aren't putting new engines in them at re-furb, just overhauled 19J's so why the hell that bonnet needs to be on it is a mystery.
ah sorry that's not the refurb picture, that's a completely new 110 at the defence vehicle show in france somehwere i came across it looking for the refurb 110 :blink:

Guest diesel_jim

I'd say that one ^^^^^ is a new type....

bonnet, no vent flaps, new type intercooler and front grill, and you can just make out the top of the dash "bulges"

interesting they've got rid of the wolf-type jerrycan doors and used the older ones

Guest diesel_jim
Ooh, shiney!

Another notable features is the tubular steering guard

Nice find and it looks lovely

Those tubular steering guards are quite old... and very weak.

i had one on my 90 and bent it into the panhard rod, resulting in double mess! :rolleyes:

Yeah they only made it onto the 127 Amby fleet (the first of the WOLF series to come off the line) but they were binned in favour of the solid plate type as seen on XD's.

If it was up to me I'd have binned the new jerry can stowage doors as well - just make the hinges out of stainless for the old style doors and you're onto a winner.

It does look nice but it's a shame the MOD won't go for it, as with Bowman (radio system) takes up to much room!!!! i think they are looking at larger vehicles and not land rover............ boo hoo!!!

Guest WALFY

Pux

Don't be so fast to say that. We had a LR manager come to us at work the other day and he was saying something completely different. So they still have plans to buy kit from LR. But he wouldn't elaborate to much :(

Pux

Don't be so fast to say that. We had a LR manager come to us at work the other day and he was saying something completely different. So they still have plans to buy kit from LR. But he wouldn't elaborate to much :(

There is a god...........there was me thinking i would be driving round in a santanna or dare i say it a G WAGON Arrrgggh, it will be intresting to see what they do as respect with the bowman kit and a land rover as you know walfy, tis a squeeze in the back with that kit and im starting to run out of room to put jaffa cakes!!! It would be nice if the British Forces keep up and buy Land Rover again :ph34r:

Guest WALFY

The LR bloke was chatting to my boss about stuff while I was talking to the 3rd party contractor about our special to role 110 and overheard the run out date of 2012 or 2017. We all live in hope.

• 2 weeks later...
The LR bloke was chatting to my boss about stuff while I was talking to the 3rd party contractor about our special to role 110 and overheard the run out date of 2012 or 2017. We all live in hope.

When i was out in Brecon a few weeks ago I saw all the staff using the ford engined 110 CSW and hardtops on the area. Seems a far better idea than all the white fleet they make us use and get stuck!

all exactly the same as the few green 110s that are being sold by the likes of exmod.

chris

althought the 110 is nice, chech out the black discovery 3 in the back ground with roof mounted machine gun!! sweet. :D
think you will find its mounted on a vehicle beyond the disco :lol: :lol:

ah sorry that's not the refurb picture, that's a completely new 110 at the defence vehicle show in france somehwere i came across it looking for the refurb 110 :blink:

Think you'll find that is at the 2007 DSEi show at the Excel exhibition centre.

Land Rover were also exhibiting their 6-wheel, tray-backed Defender weapons carrier. Very nice...

Guest WALFY
I think I'd rather have a Santana TBH, it's like a Land Rover but made properly :ph34r:

OIIII. Take your cart springs and bugger off :P . This is talking about the way forward not stepping back to the troglodite era :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

All they need to do is put a simplified (i.e. less electrics) version of the diesel V8 from the RR into the Defender. LR's dominance of the military market restored in one fell swoop! Sorted!

Anyways, aint nowt wrong with the Supacats the army are increasingly using, they're more British for a start! ;0)