Megasquirt - The Advanced Thread -For ADVANCED Discussions

Thanks John

Will fit the PWM circuit and see if it makes a difference.

Ref the 'because it says so in the manual', this is the MS-I manual which I have not seen before but it does prompt me to go find its MS-II equivalent again and double check I have not missed a later edition.

Steve

I've added the extra PWM circuit which has made no difference.

So, back to the original question. Can anyone suggest someone, or a business, I can send it to and have the problem analysed? I don't know much about electronics but suspect that someone with a scope would be able to see where the interference is coming from. I think it must be interference from the way everything starts jitering..even the pump signal keeps flashing on and off.

Steve

Sounds like a poor earth - have you run at least four x1mmsq earths from the ECU to a good ground, and grounded all the sensors back to the ECU rather than just to the nearest ground?

Yes.

The earths from the ECU come out to an earth point beside the ECU and all other earths come back to that point. The earth point then goes direct to the battery with a fat cable and is not earthed to the body.

Having said that, it does not answer why it has the same issues when connected to the stim board on the kitchen table.

Steve

Some thing I've noticed in our "BBQ" summer is that when I stop the motor and spend say 1/2 hour talking MS blah blah the engine cools a little and it's usually below 71c when I get going. The engine runs at 79ish unless I get a little erm... spirited... then the fans come in at 84c and it's back down to 79c. My question is..... when I start the motor the WE comes in and do I really need it at 71c.. Can I lower the point to say 62c? Is there a "must be 71c" rule or can I lower the numbers in the warm up wizard so I have no % added after 54c? I realise that ASE will need to be altered, the PWM slow idle temp lowered, the fuel over run temp lowered, EGO active temp also lowered but they are all adjustable in MS, it just that when I have been sproutin off how good MS is then start the car and it's revving at 1000+ rpm.

Just a thought.

jeff

• 6 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread. I was just wondering if anyone is interested to give me feedback on improvements I can make to my ignition table and AFRs.

I'm currently running a Microsquirt with EDIS8 on a 4.6 V8 with stage 3 heads (old style 37cc) and unknown after market cam.

Standard piston/rods and crank (as far as I know). Bosch red devil 22lb injectors at ~43psi.

I have wideband sensor installed and vehicle has previously been running way to high advance through out the rev range. Fingers crossed no permanent damage has been done.

I run premium unleaded only and am after a good power tune with economy, max power isn't my main priority, but would be nice.

I'm a novice really in the grand scheme of things, I self taught everything as I went, I have a much better understanding of the system now but still only a beginner when it comes to tuning.

If anyone is interested in commenting on my ignition table I can throw up a screen shot for comments.

Cheers

Grimace