More starting problems

streamline

Hi Boffins

I have removed the spider and put in the jumper kit, now the fuel solenoid is never faulty but i get the car icon in the dash and the starter is immobiised. I I lock the door with the remote and unlock the icon is gone and starter works.

Does any one know the answer or have an alarm/ immobilizer wiring diagram. Haynes has every circuit but the alarm.

On another matter one of my alloy wheels allows air out through the rim, ATS say it can be cleaned up ( at some cost) but I have some solution to go in the wheel claims to seal up to 1/4 holes. So far so good I will se how it goes and let you know

For wiring info get the rave cd

Lynall

Hi Lynall

Thank you for that, I've downloaded it and now to get an ISO reading software. I am learning more and more about computers the more I repair my Discovery.

keeps you out of mischief

Dave

What age/model/transmission is the disco?

As for the alloys both my back two were letting air out, I had to pump one up once a week, the other was once a month. I just lived with it for a couple of months, then I got a puncture in the one that was lasting a month so I went to the local back street tyre fitters, they charged me £7 to repair the tyre and whilst it was off they cleaned up the bubbles on the inside of the rim which let the air out, I then got them to take the other wheel off and clean that up which they charged me another £7 for. So £14 for a tyre repair and to clean up two alloys.

It will be the passive immobilisation kicking in after a set period. If the plip is on the keyring but it doesn't disarm automatically, there is a fault with the passive coil in the steering column or something related to that. You could either spend money or live with what you are doing i.e. pressing the button before you go.

What age/model/transmission is the disco?

As for the alloys both my back two were letting air out, I had to pump one up once a week, the other was once a month. I just lived with it for a couple of months, then I got a puncture in the one that was lasting a month so I went to the local back street tyre fitters, they charged me £7 to repair the tyre and whilst it was off they cleaned up the bubbles on the inside of the rim which let the air out, I then got them to take the other wheel off and clean that up which they charged me another £7 for. So £14 for a tyre repair and to clean up two alloys.

Hi Sotal

It is a 1996 entry model Disco manual transmission. I did not ask ATS to clean it up as I had this fluid and dying to use it, so far so good. I heard of problems with the steering with it in but as it is the rear it semms OK

cheers Dave

It will be the passive immobilisation kicking in after a set period. If the plip is on the keyring but it doesn't disarm automatically, there is a fault with the passive coil in the steering column or something related to that. You could either spend money or live with what you are doing i.e. pressing the button before you go.

Hi Bog Monster

You are probably right, if I leave it unlocked for a time when I come back it will only start after it has been locked and unlocked. As you say it works like that but I am a devil for poking about

Cheers dave

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Lynall

Thank you for that, I've downloaded it and now to get an ISO reading software. I am learning more and more about computers the more I repair my Discovery.

keeps you out of mischief

Dave

Hi again Lynall

Further to the RAVE saga. I downloaded Alcohol 120% ran Rave through it opening the file I have lots of icons none of which start it but some give error mesages that some addins are missing in Adobe. does not say which one, there are twenty or so.

A Warning. A friend suggested a programme called Magic Disk for ISO files I tried it. It did not work that well so I left it.

Next day my computer would not boot, finally got on to Dell they tried but due them giving me the wrong rescue disk they culd not progress it, they said they would send disks.

In the meantime my fiend suggested I boot in SAFE mode I did and got in. Dell had asked if I have done anything different but I had forgotten Magic Disk. So having got in I unistalled it Bingo computer back to normal.

AVOID Magic Disk

Cheers