front screen wiper motor

pinny

my wipers have decided not to self park anymore checked the relay with another thats ok is a 200tdi wiper motor the same as my 300tdi n plate disco there is a few on ebay but 200tdi motors thanks in advance chris

my wipers have decided not to self park anymore checked the relay with another thats ok is a 200tdi wiper motor the same as my 300tdi n plate disco there is a few on ebay but 200tdi motors thanks in advance chris

The self-parking switch is cheap and replacable / repairable.

No need to chuck the motor away if it's good.

I'm about to embark on replacing my own park switch - if I can work out how to get at the motor!

Did mine last weekend.

Remove windscreen wipers and large nut behind them.

Open bonnet and remove the plastic trim that is across the car at base of windscreen, one bolt in centre and a bung at either side

You should now see the wiper mechanism.

To get the motor out undo the self tapper screws that hold it in place and pull the motor out, unplug the motor and place on work bench.

Drill out rivets holding top plate on the wiper motor gearbox and remove the cover.

I rebent the contacts for the park switch and then tapped out the holes and used machine screw to hold the cover on.

Reassembly is just reversing the removal procedure.

Hope this all makes sense.

Adrian

Did mine last weekend.

Remove windscreen wipers and large nut behind them.

Open bonnet and remove the plastic trim that is across the car at base of windscreen, one bolt in centre and a bung at either side

You should now see the wiper mechanism.

To get the motor out undo the self tapper screws that hold it in place and pull the motor out, unplug the motor and place on work bench.

Drill out rivets holding top plate on the wiper motor gearbox and remove the cover.

I rebent the contacts for the park switch and then tapped out the holes and used machine screw to hold the cover on.

Reassembly is just reversing the removal procedure.

Hope this all makes sense.

Adrian

im probably sounding thick did you replace anything in the motor if so have you a part no cheers