rear springs

lrfarmer

hi all

can i fit 110 hicap rear spring on the rear of my disco 1.

i do alot of towing and carry over 300kg of feed in the car so not too worryed about them being a bit hard. but as it is at the moment it's bottoming out with no weight in it. and i took my 90 to an RTV yesturday and had to load the 90 on the back of my trailer to try and keep the car level, so need to sort it before i have any heavy towing again.

hi all

can i fit 110 hicap rear spring on the rear of my disco 1.

i do alot of towing and carry over 300kg of feed in the car so not too worryed about them being a bit hard. but as it is at the moment it's bottoming out with no weight in it. and i took my 90 to an RTV yesturday and had to load the 90 on the back of my trailer to try and keep the car level, so need to sort it before i have any heavy towing again.

I don't believe you can without modification, because they are a different diameter.

H

Both Island 4x4 and Paddocks do disco HD rear springs, they are Mil/police spec...

They are listed as genuine by Island 4x4, but when they arrived they had the remanants of a britpart sticker on them which had been scratched off... <_<

they are only about £16 each.. i've not fitted them yet.

Best thing would be to fit air helper springs which you pump up when you have the extra load. Made by Firestone, I think. We see a few expedition prepared Discos which have them. Best of both worlds, it seems.