Getting hot!---200Tdi

Okay, as I said the guage and sender should be fine as Ive had it a year and the chap before did the conversion i think a year or so before that so its been a 200 for 2 years + and was fine before, hopefully I will start to take a look tonight......Really busy at the moment doing some decking.

Thanks

Dave.

Right I took my lecky fans off today and had a good look at the Rad, seems in very good condition however it had pleanty of mud built up in it so ive washed the entire thing and i can now see through it again, hopefully this will have sorted it i have yet to have taken it out. Ive also noticed that the rad mounts were not shortened so its sitting a little high so will talk to my mate and get him to weld them up.

Dave.

Right I took my lecky fans off today and had a good look at the Rad, seems in very good condition however it had pleanty of mud built up in it so ive washed the entire thing and i can now see through it again, hopefully this will have sorted it i have yet to have taken it out. Ive also noticed that the rad mounts were not shortened so its sitting a little high so will talk to my mate and get him to weld them up.

Dave.

You dont actually need to weld any of the rad mounts to shorten them to the correct height. When I did my conversion I simply cut the mounts in the middle, took the top part and bent edges of them in slightly then inserted into the lower part of the mount still (as was before) welded to the chassis, drilled a hole through the mount in situe and insterted a long bolt with nylock nut to hold in place. Simple and means you dont have to get all the welder out to do what is a simple job. Hope that makes sense.... :ph34r: would take some photos but it's dark!

Sorry it doesnt help you with your overheating issue - on that note however have you tested the coolant for blown head gasket, they sometimes fail only slightly and when under high revs and pressure can force gas into the coolant. Just a thought, probably more likely to be rad as suggested but worth a check.

Hope thats some help :D

When i got my 200tdi it used to run with the temp gauge vertical until you pushed it over 60mph then the needle would slowly go up.

I washed out what seemed like tonnes of sand from the bottom of the rad to find it all corroded and missing alot of fins.

Replaced it with a Disco one and now the gauge doesn't get above 1/4 (std LR gauge) when moving. If it stands for a while with the engine running (ie high revs/winching) she will go upto the vertical, if continued to work hard with no air movement she will start to climb but as soon as she goes past the vertical the X-Switch cuts in the fans so i know the gauge is right, just seems strange she runs soo cold!