Switch Mounting Options

disco_al

Right, I want to mount some switches on the dash of my 200 series Disco for when i get some work/roof lights wired up, what options are there for mounting the switches.

Obviously the Mudpod springs instantly to mind, although at £40 it's a bit on the pricey side.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to where to get a mounting cradle (for want of a better description) for the switches?

Cheers all

What switches do you already have in the binacle around the steering wheel? Many disco's only have the heated window, fog light, rear wash and rear wiper. This leaves 4 spare switch positions that you can get another switch for, and use that...

If you have the extra radio controls, then obviously these positions are taken up, but that's what I have used.

Mark

True, but in those positions, you have 2 options - either drill the blanks and fit other swithces (toggle switch would be easiest) or pick up a couple of 2nd had switches off eBlag/at an autojumble/ from anyone breaking a 200 tdi discovery and just use those switches - they fit properly, and can be wired to light up with the rest of the dash etc quite easily...

• 2 months later...
True, but in those positions, you have 2 options - either drill the blanks and fit other swithces (toggle switch would be easiest) or pick up a couple of 2nd had switches off eBlag/at an autojumble/ from anyone breaking a 200 tdi discovery and just use those switches - they fit properly, and can be wired to light up with the rest of the dash etc quite easily...

I know this is an old post but at least it proves i,m looking! :unsure:

Just wondered mark / anyone if the carling switches fitted in the slots around the steering wheel of a 300tdi disco?

they look similar but i have no carling switch to compare with! and would rather have the carling type as they look smarter but dont reall want a mud pod or the like as it seems like a waste of space as i have switch points emty with half the wiring there already!

Anyone tried this before?

probs wont fit but atleast i've asked the question

Dougie