Anyone built a Hybrid....

ROGUE TROOPER

Can't see that it would be that much different from building a hybrid on a RRC or Disco chassis, as long as you take care with the placement of the bulkhead to begin with, the provision of the appropriate outriggers, cross member etc would be a similar task, & depending on the chosen powerplant it would be possible to replace the E38 stuff with a 300 TDi,R380,LT230 set up or similar, did I hear mention of 2.8 TGV? :D , It would even be possible to replace the air springs with some coil adaptations & get rid of all the nasty electrics that have given these their reputation. Hmmmm, thinks, I wonder <_<<_< , probably drop a 109 body straight on without any cutting & shutting. Good idea Rogue. :D:D

Steve.

Just realised, can't use LT230. diffs on the wrong(left) side, have to stick to the E38 Xfer box, was that a viscous box?, I think the diesel manuals used that with a R380 main box.

Edited by Steve H

Cheaper than a good Classic!!

The chassis is completely different to a Classic though and would probably make mounting bulkhead etc a nightmare. Also the central chassis rails sit much wider. You get 24 spline 4pin diffs all round though ;)

Cheers

Steve

The chassis is completely different to a Classic though and would probably make mounting bulkhead etc a nightmare. Also the central chassis rails sit much wider. You get 24 spline 4pin diffs all round though ;)

Cheers

Steve

It might work quite well with some sort of space farme rather than a Land Rover body as such.

I would guess the best donour would be a rolled P38, ideally late and low mileage.

Guest mr_wuffles
It might work quite well with some sort of space farme rather than a Land Rover body as such.

I would guess the best donour would be a rolled P38, ideally late and low mileage.

I got offered one the other day for £2500