Jump to content

Overcentre Valve


Recommended Posts

I'm trying to source an overcentre valve for my milemarker.

It is fitted next to the winch, so if a hose bursts the winch doesn't go into freefall. They're square blocks with four (I think) ports.

My local hydraulics place can only come up with a hose burst valve, which is no good as the valves need to flow both ways for the winch.

Anyone got any ideas where I can get one from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

got mine from Rotec Hydraulics in taunton- speak to Richard Renfree. Mine has an oversupply port that feeds excess fluid back to the tank- I dont really understand how it works but i'm assured that it helps to totally lock the system up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Overcentre valves are widely used in industry and made by most of the major hydraulics manufactures. Any hydraulic shop worth a dam should have listings.

If you are only going to use the winch for pulling (not lowering), then you can use a counterbalance valve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy