Aussie Tuff Truck Challenge

Bush65

Health and Saftey?????? :ph34r:

I think you would find that the Tuff Truck event is on dodgy ground re health and safety also. A couple of my friends attend this event every year, and state that there is no way that 95% of the vehicles entered would comply with the '' engineered, registered and roadworthy'' specification that is required,apparently to satisfy the insurance underwriters.Online arguments flare every year on whether or not an insurance claim could be rejected in the event of a spectator or marshal being seriously injured or worse, due to competitors flouting the rules.Apparently there were a couple of close calls with trucks rolling over close to spectators in this event, and unfortunately, due to occasional unruly alcahol fueled yobbo behavior and at times lax crowd control it is only a matter of time before a serious accident happens. Not sure about Tuff Truck, but the organisers of some well known off road comps in OZ rely on the vehicles compulsory Third Party Insurance that all road registered vehicles have, to cover any claims of personal injury or death to spectators. Once again I'm afraid the carp is going to hit the fan one day because third party insurance cover is voided if the vehicle was participating in competition when the accident occurred. There are many different types of competitive motor sports events that have full public liability insurance cover and don't require individual competing vehicles to be registered and insured.I can't see why offroad sport has to be different. The ''engineered, registered and roadworthy'' rule should be abandoned anyway to give all competitors a level playing field. There are 6 states and 2 territories in OZ all with different government regulations on what vehicle modifications are permitted and certifyable.

Bill.

and state that there is no way that 95% of the vehicles entered would comply with the '' engineered, registered and roadworthy'' specification that is required,

Bill.

Bill you will find the same with most Uk events when it comes to trucks :ph34r:

With the way the SVA/DVLA rules seem to be going here I can see events just accepting any motor subject to some kind of scrutineering, it is going to be really difficult to make a competitive vehicle that is good for the road, at least not without doing a complete ground up build.

Good point about different state rules though, does make it easier for some competitors I'd guess, but from what I have experienced in the last six months you ozzies took our bureaucracy and removed what little sense there is to it and made it your own :)

I think the multi day format, better weather, more space and set format of these events is what makes it easier/better to spectate at, UK events are cold, I never seem to be where the interesting action is and spread out with everything going on at once....