Jumbles and shelves

Afternoon all

A few schoolboy questions here that someone may be able to help with?;

1. What's the best place to find bitzenpieces, like at a landrover autojumble or something here in the south west? We're after a few things, one being a tow-hitch plate which we can swap between NATO (already on) and ball hitch quickly and easily. I remember it being a type with a name something like Braxton-Hicks, but my wife (with a wince) assures me it's not that.

2. Secondly; Before re-inventing the wheel; does anyone know of a modular racking system that fits in the back of an unmodified hardtop 90 or will I have to get together with my Caractacus Potts-a-like mate and make something up? Basically we need something that we can remove when we need the space for tools and tat etc. but then is fitted back in, onto which we can slide and store containers (for delivering cut flowers) and that maximizes the space.

3. Lastly, I'm dreaming about rust; our 90 gets covered in cow muck, mud and slurry daily, and after some earlier advice received here we (garage) jetwash the underside off every saturday morning. Is this enough (daily isn't practical) or should we look to be taking more precautions?

Cheers in advance!

Jon

1. .... We're after a few things, one being a tow-hitch plate which we can swap between NATO (already on) and ball hitch quickly and easily. I remember it being a type with a name something like Braxton-Hicks, but my wife (with a wince) assures me it's not that.

Jon

:-)

I suspect the name you are after is Dixon-Bate.

HTH

Lin-Bin = Brilliant! Thanks for that, I can leave Caractacus to designing his all-wooden folding bicycles! Perfect.

Dickson-Bate - cheers for that, AND they're still in business? I was imagining a tweedy eccentric English inventor in his garden shed fabricating Enigma machines and tow-hitches between cucumber sandwiches and Classics revision.

Jon

Presuure washing the underside weekly i would have thought would be sufficient

Waxoyling it when it nice and dry would also probably be a worthwhile investment of time as would painting the chassis prior to Waxoyl.