A rant about three suppliers - one good, two bad

FridgeFreezer

For ages I've been trying to get a heated screen for the 109, I found the company who claim to sell them (Uroglas), phoned them, was told they were out of stock but would be in in the next week or so and would call me.

Two weeks later I called back, similar answer.

And again.

And again.

Etc.

Couldn't answer simple tech questions like "how much current does it draw" "does it need to be on a timer?" etc. because "the chap who knows isn't here" or "the computer's not working - we'll ring you back" <_< etc.

I asked them today if they were ever likely to sell me a bl**dy screen and they said "Well, to be honest Devon 4x4 are going to be selling them when they arrive in a month, not us" - so why not bl**dy tell me that in the 1st place rather than string me along with imaginary deliveries and made-up dates :angry:

Now spoken to Devon 4x4 who say they'll be calling me as soon as the screens arrive - they say they expect them any time now (not, for example, the month quoted by Uroglas) so we'll see if D4x4 are any better at calling people back <_<

Second, we needed a screen cutting down to fit to Mouse - simple job, cut a nice ordinary flat Defender screen down by a little bit.

Ace Windscreens have promised faithfully to call me back about 5 times, I got totally hacked off trying to track down Dave, the only one who knows anything, and who I'm sure is imaginary, and found via google...

Autoglaze

Who not only called me back, but bent over backwards to meet up with me and cut the screen, saving me a trip to Bournemouth. Julian, the chap I dealt with, is fantastically helpful, he glazed this creation:

classic.jpg

So, thumbs down quite massively to the feckless idiots at Uroglas and the disinterested muppets at Ace, and a big gold star to Julian at AutoGlaze.

Now spoken to Devon 4x4 who say they'll be calling me as soon as the screens arrive - they say they expect them any time now (not, for example, the month quoted by Uroglas) so we'll see if D4x4 are any better at calling people back <_<

Hi ju.

if you need them windows to be picked up

the boss an me are going to the motherinlaw's in appledore

we go past Devon 4x4

oh yes the date we go APRIL 30th to the may 7th

ALL BECAUSE THE 109 IS'NT FINISHED FOR 60TH

(we tryed)

:( TWIZZLE :(