New X-Nav Software

Les Henson

Downloaded it last night (hopefully lic key on way as the orange is bad!!!)

anyway went straight onto the CF18, followed Sis instructions to find the GPS and all sorted within about 3mins, not bad for me and computers, now i know how far away Sis place is!

Now shall i use it to plan the SS for the 26 Apr Challenge?

don't know yet as i havent decided on the SS, no requirement for the punches though.

In reality probably not as at the moment that would give some an unfair advantage on a proposed SS and i aim to make the SS achievable for all regardless of vehicle ability/class, or cash injection!

hence the last one was map and compass

Anyway X_nav doesn't do Mils so can still get around it!

I have it working on my Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 touch screen tablet.

DSCN0884.jpg

A search on ebay for Fujitsu 3400 comes up with several for sale "buy it now" under £100.

I wonder where they might have come from .......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/5059964.stm

http://www.thisisbucks.co.uk/mostpopular.v..._nav_stolen.php

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Ambul...ting.3659398.jp

:lol::angry:

Cheers

Blippie

So it's not just me then. I thought I must have upset Si :unsure:

If you tell me the number it shows you when you start the app, I'll run it through the licence generator and give you a new licence.

The number is specific to each machine as it works by profiling the hardware and generating a fairly unique number to represent your computer.

The licence generator, XOR's that with another number (private key) and gives you the result.

The licence is checked on your PC by XORing the stored licence number with the hardware profile number to see if it gives the 'secret number used by the licence generator (also stored in the app).

Probably OTT for this app, but an interesting exercise from my point of view.

Si

So one can't buy several licenses and then go off and install on several unknown laptops? :( Or swap a licensed copy between two computers if one dies? What does it do about hardware upgrades if the hardware profile changes? :unsure:

When it's released, when you buy a licence, you will be given another number. You will be able to use this to generate up to 3 licences. I think this fair in case of hardware upgrades. You will need to change something big like the processor for it to become invalid - and how many people do that in a laptop?

Since the licence generator is on line, so long as you have installed it on these unknown laptops and written down the magic number, you will be able to generate the licences later.

Si

BTW, any other CE users who use Ozi Explorer - a friend and fellow forum member (Top Secret Dave) has developed a very neat little program to generate waypoint files (as Ozi CE won't let you enter waypoints). If anyone would like a copy let me know and, if you feel so inclined, make a donation to the forum / buy a HOFS T-shirt.

If anyone gets a copy of this from Will, drop me a PM and let me know if you find it useful / carp / needing xxx features etc.

And I'd like to applaud Will for paying the entire development costs - 1 bottle of gin :lol:

Hi,

I have downloaded this and it all works however when i plug my GPS reciever in it stops working, not responding, is there anyreason that there may be, im not to good on computers.

m useing it on Vista and pluging a GPS reciever straight in.

Any help much appreciated.

James