New X-Nav Software

Les Henson

Hi Simon, I'm also having a problem. My GPS reciever reciever works fine, but if both programs are running (memory map and X-Nav) they cant seem to share the GPS signal, I can only have one program using the GPS signal, is this normal or just mine? Both are set up to run on Com Port 5 and work fine if the other program isn't running.

Also mine wont minimise, it closes down then it just opens straight backup again, it worked fine on my old laptop and I tried removing it and re-installing but same problem...any ideas?

Apart from that its an ace program, and I'll be paying the shareware price...which is going to be what?! Too much and I wont :rolleyes:

Phil

You can't connect the GPS to two programs without another bit of software, there is a link in the tech archive for some of the solutions people are using.

If you mention what operating system you are running under then someone else might be able to check the minimise issue for you.

TractorBoy - trying having the gps plugged in then start the app, then confirm the serial port settings, almost certainly 4800, 8n1, but you might need or get away with 9600.

EDIT: quick test looks like it is Vista issue (os is Vista ultimate sp1). Minimise comes straight back up and also won't resize, i.e. will only sit at full screen.

Version 1.2 is now up on the web site with install instructions to retain your licence key and settings.

It fixes a number of problems including the arrow pointing in the wrong direction sometimes / for some users which was due to a maths problem.

Si