Hi-Lo ratio hard to select

Landy 90 Hybrid

Hi all, not sure where to post this but seeing as she is mostly RRC running gear I thought here was best.

She is an auto, not sure which box on a 3.5V8, so I guess its the original with the engine. The transfer box lever is very stiff to move front/back. Moves side to side to select diff lock ok, and llight comes on on the dash fine, and is working. However to select Hi-Lo I have to jiggle between D, N, R a few times to get it to move.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a set procedure or is there something wrong with the transfer box? I few people I have spoke to say it is normal to be a little stiff but surely not this much.

Kind regards

Jonathan

They can be stiff sometimes, just through lack of use -get under there with some penetrating oil and a good torch and free it up.

TBH, when changing from low to high I find it much more reliable to have the vehicle moving *slighty* -if you have your brakes anchored hard on there's a chance it just won't engage at all, as the gears aren't lined up!

Doesn't have to be fast, just let the vehicle rock a little and it should go in.

Cheers for the fast reply, I will give that a go over the weekend or if I can grab some time one night this week. I cant see it being due to lack of use, she has been used for RTV once a month for I would say the last 2 yrs at least. I guess some RRC's will have hardly ever had the lever shifted at all.

Kind regards

Jonathan