£400 Road Tax (Puma 2.4TDCi)

Buy a County Hard top, buy seats for it and put in side windows etc and hope you dont get caught.

Ben

Don't get caught for doing what? There's nothing illegal about that.

Now if it was a company car and you were trying to avoid company car tax that would be, but not for a private purchase.

Steve

For those of you that want to take a stand. There is a petition on the downing street website that you can add your siggy to... or if thats not quite what you want to sign against... create a new one...

Hope this helps disgruntled fellows!

Don't get caught for doing what? There's nothing illegal about that.

Now if it was a company car and you were trying to avoid company car tax that would be, but not for a private purchase.

Steve

Or if you claim the VAT back as a commercial vehicle and then do the conversion... they won't like that either. :)

You have to pay the tax man back. :(

Yup, diesel is way over the top now

My XD90 still has some classic diesel stored in the jerrycan, the stuff that cost slightly less than £1/litre in December 2007 at one of the supermarket service stations. I actually need to use that up sometime!

The on-line petitions rarely work, I've signed quite a few that I believed made a valid point, but sadly to no avail.

Rest assured in a year's time we'll be discussing some other stealth tax imposed on us in the name of the environment or congestion reduction