265/75/16's

Les Brock

I'm am right in saying these won't fit my Disco 1 with a 2 inch lift and Mach 5's with a 75mm offset without fitting fibreglass arches aint I ?

I realise that some trimming of the lip on the arch may be required and adjustment to the steering stops....and possibly longer bump stops

or will they fit with the standard Freestyle Alloys on there at the mo ?

just checking :blink:

Freestyles on there(different nuts required as well) at the moment and the Mach's are off the Hybrid when I fitted the Simex's and its far to cold to be checking wheels and tyres when you get home at the mo :lol: if theres no chance of it working :ph34r:

or am I just dreaming ? :lol:

typing total drivel I know....but then again I usually do :lol:

According to this guy, they can be fitted, with a little modification to bumper end caps and bump stops...... :)

And some "Rear fender trimming" which on that side of the pond means cutting the arches.

With a 2" lift and alloys (less offset than mach5's or 8 spokes) I reckon you'd be ok for road use but axle twisting would see some contact without any trimming.

You need to trim. The best option with that size is aftermarket flares, IMO. With less backspacing (what you guys are calling offset :rolleyes: ), you would need MORE trimming.

Note that the worst interference is at full articulation.

Some more information here.

I should add that spring lifts should not affect clearance....they sometime do....but they shouldn't as wheel travel should be controlled by the bumpstops and the shocks.

I had a set on my Disco 2 for a little while but they screwed up the auto gaer box too much so I changed back to the old tyres.

BFG AT's 265/75/r16 fit mormal disco 2 alloys and on normal springs there was no rubbing but I never pushed it off road.

looked the dogs :rolleyes:

Thank's for the replies

SWMBO wants the girly tyres off and the BFG's on, So its having them stuck on the freestyles on on Saturday and I'll see how it goes, I can always get the disk cutter out :ph34r:

I'll let you know how I get on !

I had a set on my Disco 2 for a little while but they screwed up the auto gaer box too much so I changed back to the old tyres.

BFG AT's 265/75/r16 fit mormal disco 2 alloys and on normal springs there was no rubbing but I never pushed it off road.

looked the dogs :rolleyes:

There on... :D

This needs pics :D

I'll do some tommorow if I can get the camera to work otherwise they'll be done with the phone cameara and as such will be pants

I had to trim the rear bodywork to clear on compression

they miss the front bumper end caps completley..bit tight but they miss :D

Went to full compression and extension front and rear no problem on standard dampers (try again when I fit some different ones ;) )

steering stop require a tiny bit of adjustment and that was it :D

I had to trim the rear bodywork to clear on compression

They miss the front bumper end caps completley

Went to full compression and extension front and rear no problem on standard dampers

Steering stop require a tiny bit of adjustment and that was it :D

Need photos!

Must have detailed description of where you hacked at too :D:D

Maybe it's the Mach 5s that did the trick? :huh: