Choices: Rangey vs Disco vs 110

Dunc

Hi, as i've posted on the Rangey forum, it's decision time!

My Nissan goes this week and i'm trying to decide which way to go with my next truck.

I may gas my 3.9, put a new front diff in and run that, i may buy a Tdi Rangey (for ease and economy) or i may get a Tdi Disco (plentiful and lower miles).

However, the other alternative i'd like is a 110 and i've found this;

My110.jpg

Do you lose much visability with the closed back, or do you just reverse everywhere using the side mirrors?

What's the best way of getting the heater working? In my Series 2a it was a Metro fan and heater unit!

Are they as wonderful as the voices keep telling me? ;)

Cheers

Dunc.

Obviously you'll lose visibility in certain angles, but you'll get used to it. :o:) And reverse out from an angled parking with caution. It's anyway a lot better than mine which is closed behind the doors.

Otherwise it's fine and you'll use the mirrors a lot more than you may be used to. There are also small, circular mirrors than can be glued to the existing one for an extended view.

How I survived driving my LHD in UK roundabouts when I picked it up is still a mystery... :blink::)

Blanchards have emailed while i was at work to say all their 110s like this have now sold.

:angry:

Anyone got an idea where i may find others?

I know Will got his from SWEB, but i'm not sure if our local utilities use them or where they sell them!

Any suggestions welcomed with open arms! :)

Dunc

If you can't find a 110 commercial station wagon then just get a standard 110SW and change the side panels for van sides without windows. They are the same size as series 88" sides. I'm sure some one with a van series and wanting windows would be happy to swap, maybe even with some cash your way.

I'm off to Bath at the weekend to look at a 110 CSW down there. 'M' plate, 159K on it, but only £5.5k and had a replacement engine. Having a test before i commit to it.

For that money i can afford to get it and do a few mods, so fingers crossed.

Oh, just so you think i'm completely mad, i found it on eBay! :o

Dunc.

Foleys had a 1997 P reg 110 CSW for £5,995. They may still have it.

Registered cat D but a lot of motor for the money and only has about 110 -120 on the clock. Plus its a county.

I know the vehicle, and it had a new clutch and other parts just before they got it.

Richard

Foleys had a 1997 P reg 110 CSW for £5,995. They may still have it.

Registered cat D but a lot of motor for the money and only has about 110 -120 on the clock. Plus its a county.

I know the vehicle, and it had a new clutch and other parts just before they got it.

Richard

that makes it a 300tdi doesn't it?? if so, thats not a too bad a price.. Not that I want one.. :)

Still on the website, plus has spots, A bar and Ali steering guard :)

Had a look. They've said there's no warranty on it as it's a trade sale. Going to try the insurers to see if there are any implications with a previous Cat D registered vehicle.

Off to Leominster on friday to see a Disco (Yes, i know it's not a 110 like i wanted). It's on a 'P' with only 71k on the clock, 1 owner and FSH - £4.5k.

I'll let you know ;)

Dunc

Thought the 110 might be suitable as it was previously mine.

I had to sell it when a company car (new 110) arrived, but it had no problems. The clutch had a judder so a new gearbox shaft, clutch kit, master and slave cylinders were fitted to make sure it was cured. This was done about two months before it went.

It would be interesting to know what the insurance company think. Mine did not care as catagory D is the lowest level of damage classification that includes stolen/ recovered.

Happy hunting

Richard

Thought the 110 might be suitable as it was previously mine.

It would be interesting to know what the insurance company think. Mine did not care as catagory D is the lowest level of damage classification that includes stolen/ recovered.

Happy hunting

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Spoke to the insurers and they say it will only affect the settlement if the vehicle is written off, which is a convenient bit of small print if ever there was any!

If i can get some time off, i'd like to gown down and see it. £6k should focus the mind as to whether i need a 110 CSW or not!

:)

Dunc.

• 2 weeks later...