How wide is your Land Rover?

LR90

We've recently had the road outside our house resurfaced and after finding parking more difficult I realised the bays are now smaller. Another money making scam coz if you don't park within the lines its just an excuse for a ticket.

So I was interrested to read a press article on the subject which essentially said this is becoming increasingly common with bays marked out to conform to the statutory minimum width of 180cm.

And a Defender width, well LR's site give 179cm (wow a whole centimeter of tollerance though that may include mirrors).

However it seems it may not be the 4b owners that rise up on this one as even your common or garden Ford Focus is apparently 184cm wide. :o

And a Defender width, well LR's site give 179cm (wow a whole centimeter of tollerance though that may include mirrors).

almost it's 179cm [1790mm] excluding the mirrors, just to pee off the traffic/parking wardens :D

Edited by western

My wife was having a discussion with her boss, who was saying that Land Rovers were huge great things that shouldn't be driven on small English roads, as they take up too much space on the road. She looked up all the stats, and it turns out that our 90 is shorter and thinner than her Renault Clio!

My wife was having a discussion with her boss, who was saying that Land Rovers were huge great things that shouldn't be driven on small English roads, as they take up too much space on the road. She looked up all the stats, and it turns out that our 90 is shorter and thinner than her Renault Clio!

Some figures of

90 Max diemensions of factory standard vehicles

L -- 4176 mm

H -- 2061 mm

W -- 1790 mm [excluding mirrors]

110 as for 90 except

L -- 4599 mm [station wagon or hardtop with rear door mounted spare]

L -- 4438 mm [pickup]

L -- 4631 mm [Hi-cap pickup]

127/130 as for 90 except

L -- 5152 mm [standard build 4 door cab,short hi-cap body]

H -- 2062 mm

now you can wind up your 4x4 hating friends, just tell them their car is bigger :lol::o

Edited by western

If you look up how much modern cars WEIGH you'll find similar results, ISTR when I looked my 109 was smaller and lighter than a big Honda!

Obviously this doesn't apply to Nige B ;)

Nah, .....not heavy and absolutley certainly lighter than a certain 'Mod' and his lardy series :P

Nigel "yes its F primer ok ?" B

You don't have the stats to hand do you... this is great news to all those who knew all along this anti 4x4 stuff was b*****s......

Edited by Les Henson

You don't have the stats to hand do you... this is great news to all those who knew all along this anti 4x4 stuff was b*****s......

Hang on just a cotton picking minute....

Easy to find...

LR Defender 90

Overall width 1790mm (not clear from the LR web site if this includes or excludes mirrors)

Overall length 3883mm

New Model Renault Clio

Overall width 2025mm (including mirrors)

Overall length 3986mm

Toyota Corolla t-sport (my current steed)

Overall width 1710mm (80mm, just 3 inches in real money narrower)

Overall length 4180mm

Amazing ... I would have lost my shirt on a bet on that one.

Edited by Les Henson

Nah, .....not heavy and absolutley certainly lighter than a certain 'Mod' and his lardy series :P

Nigel "yes its F primer ok ?" B

thats still gotta be proven :P

cage is back on, i'll try and get to the weigh bridge this weekend, then u'll havta change your description :unsure: or i will :lol::lol:

My wife has a Focus estate and it is harder to park than the Disco 2 in ASDA or Tesco due to the spaces being too small and too short.

As a site manager the bays have changed in size to make them smaller across the bourd

The bay width I can't remember but the lenth is 4.8m with is tight for my disco but a Volvo XC90 is bang on 4.8m long.

Have noticed new "ding" in passengers door after parking in supermarket carpark.

You can see where the top of the car parked next to me has been.

I am tempted to park in "mother and baby" parking space (wider bay) from now on.

And some thing else i have noticed is that carpark designers always put the disabled parking bays in the most difficult areas, i thought they were meant to make things easier? sometimes when i am with my dad i have to get out and guide him in/out cause the space is so tight.

NO CHEATIN MR T :lol:

NO REMOVING THE ENGINE or BATTERY for example (bout the same weight) :lol:

Sacn and post the weigh ticket.......

Nige

(actually think it could be a close thing either way) :blink:

no need to cheat, how heavy was yours? excluding lardy driver of course :P:o

i will fill my tank up with heavy oil before i weigh it and have onboard all my usual recovery gear