Waffle mounting

MogLite

Another solution:

Having seen people use these in competiton, won't they be really heavy, full of mud, having to lift them onto the roof each time ?

A friend of mine had a really great idea for storing his waffles.

He constucted a fasle floor in the rear load space of his 90, with wooden chipboard. Found that his waffles were same length as the floor, all thats needed is to have an 'm' shaped support for the board - looking from the rear, one gap for the each waffle.

Just need to add a short bit of pre-snapped 'winch web strap' or plasma rope to each end of the waffles, so makes them quick and easy to pull out.

Peter.

Another solution:

Having seen people use these in competiton, won't they be really heavy, full of mud, having to lift them onto the roof each time ?

A friend of mine had a really great idea for storing his waffles.

He constucted a fasle floor in the rear load space of his 90, with wooden chipboard. Found that his waffles were same length as the floor, all thats needed is to have an 'm' shaped support for the board - looking from the rear, one gap for the each waffle.

Just need to add a short bit of pre-snapped 'winch web strap' or plasma rope to each end of the waffles, so makes them quick and easy to pull out.

Peter.

I've been thinking about that but it does make the waffles quite short...

What if you would make an access hatch for the area behind the seats and put the board on their sides? A bit like the military jerry can hatches of the 110's. You'd have 179 cm to play with, plus you could reach them from either left or right side of the vehicle, which ever would be easiest or which would stick out of the mud...

Edited by yellow

Well thanks for the suggestions.

I've had a play around, and it seems I can get a pair of 4' waffles over the engine too (these are my Ibex waffles and are 3' long)

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3941.jpg

As for mounting, I think I'll copy the hi-lift mount with a 12mm stud pointing vertically

The handwheels are an absolute winner, easier than wingnuts, and pretty quick.

Throwing the waffles on the studs without fixings should be enough to get to the end of a stage, if its against the clock, or screwing down 1-4 handwheels will keep them secure.

Now who does the best price for waffles in grey and do I need 50mm ?

Shame the rad looks really vuneralble at the back :(

Hey Andy with you prevous performance on transit sections i see what you meen on the rear rad :lol::lol:

Least i am not there to drive into you :lol:

Waffles look good and you have found an ideal place for them , after all if you put them on the roof then poor old Alex would not be able to get them down. He's going to have enough fun trying to get into the truck :lol::lol:

On that subject have you worked out how you are going to get moglite out of the garage yet :lol::lol:

Looking good.

Booking my drive in June, are you taking bookings if so can you let me know what days are free at the moment :blink:

Edited by reads90

Andy

Are you shore that Air flow meter is going to work properly standing up right like that I have only ever seen them placed flat.

There tempramentle at the best of times.

Hey Jules i think he not sure any of it is going to work at the moment. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Andy could not resist it :lol:

Hey Jules i think he not sure any of it is going to work at the moment. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Andy could not resist it :lol:

The way your going I might be driving it before you get you 90 out of customs :P:P:P

It fits out of the garage easy enough

Mog1.jpg

I've got the springs out for working on the roof - only takes a few minutes for the springs to come out :D

Jules - I did ask about the AFM before - seems the 3.9's which I've got will be fine.

The way your going I might be driving it before you get you 90 out of customs :P:P:P

It fits out of the garage easy enough

Mog1.jpg

I've got the springs out for working on the roof - only takes a few minutes for the springs to come out :D

Jules - I did ask about the AFM before - seems the 3.9's which I've got will be fine.

mmmm still waiting got pics after it had come back from cleaning . It is still in the customs bonded wharehouse though.

r0300144.jpg

r0300145.jpg

r0300148.jpg

she don't look too bad after her trip

Nah that is why i have the pics. I asked for pics of the 90 as i have not seen it for 12 weeks :huh:

And i want to check it was still in one peaice. The optima battery lasted the trip too. Fired up straight away