Out of the ashes........

bishbosh

I've seen loads of so called Mig welding over the years from the dire and dreadfully terrifying /dangerous to the good,

and that Mr Bish is well towards the good scale so worry not,

maybe not as 'pretty' as you may wish .........but more than good enough, ..............practise and they will improve :)

Nige

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Right, time for the climbing frame attachments.....

As I am entering some of JST's events, I need a bit more tree protection than I currently have at the front :blink:, but I didn't want it to be permanently attached as SWMBO drives it most days and doesn't like the attention it gets! :lol:

So, this is what I came up with.

post-121-126555845912_thumb.jpg

post-121-126555846366_thumb.jpg

post-121-126555845627_thumb.jpg

post-121-126555846181_thumb.jpg

post-121-12655584665_thumb.jpg

All held on with three bolts.

Just got to do the other side now!

I had considered one Steve, but it doesn't actually add puch more strength as all the sideways forces will go straight down the very short diagonals.

If I have enough tube left, and the inclination to make up the connections then I still may put one in, but I expect it will me the MkII version at some stage in the future...... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I would change the design, but they haven't been tested yet. I have deliberately made them relatively weak in the fore - aft direction to avoid damaging the roll cage hoop. I would rather replace wings and lights than an A hoop!

Laterally they are very strong, which I hope is how they will be loaded for the most part.

Oh, and regarding not driving into things, you have done one of James' challenges I believe....?

and finally, just for Mark ;)

Thanks mate :)

the lack of skin left on his shins!!

That's what happened last time when I slipped off without them. Should be much less likely to slip off now.

but they haven't been tested yet.

Not yet but soon I'll give them a good work out for you ;):lol:

There's no chance that a head-on will push a pole into the passenger compartment? I have the dents to remember my last challenge!

Nope - the tubes go beyond the cage hoop on the outside so will have to bend the hoop inwards a fair bit to penetrate the cabin. If that happens I will have other things to be worrying about! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...