Sikaflex

OK

Having had a lookie at the last gloop I used I thought it was Sikaflex, er its prob not :unsure:

So,

Where (shops please) can I buy a tube ?

Surrey West Sussex and maybe even Hampshire ?

Nige :)

Try Partco or any car paint factors. Tiger seal is another brand.

Simon

Nige,

Check out chandlery shops as it is sold for boats - used a lot in sealing seats to decks etc on RIBs, sealing around hatches etc. There is a chandlery in Shoreham Airport, another one called Muggeridges on the Brighton road near Shoreham docks, probably not many chandlerys inland towards you due to a lack of water to put boats in :D but I have bought it from both those in the past but I expect you will find something closer anyway

Mail order too e g http://www.force4.co.uk/SearchResults/mcs/...d/0/category/0/

Is it for the job you discussed on the tools and fab section? We use Sikaflex at work to seal expansion joints in concrete flood structures however thats only its offical use we also use it to stick all manner of things together including the landy's wheel flares back on. I can have a look tomorrow at which specific one it is and post tomorrow.

It does however come in packets and fits a specific gun rather than a mastic type catridge/gun.

I've been using some Evo-stick ultimate strength adhesive (see below) and some Sikaflex adhesive (512 IIRC) and I can't tell the difference between them. Except the Evo-stick stuff is easily available off the shelf in B&Q.

73636_m.jpg

Is it for the job you discussed on the tools and fab section? We use Sikaflex at work to seal expansion joints in concrete flood structures however thats only its offical use we also use it to stick all manner of things together including the landy's wheel flares back on. I can have a look tomorrow at which specific one it is and post tomorrow.

It does however come in packets and fits a specific gun rather than a mastic type catridge/gun.

Yep

To stick an ali edge to a wheel arch edge :)

"Sikaflex" is not a single product, it's a range. Either take advice from a grownup on which one you want/need for the application, or have a look at the not-that-clear website here

Not that clear website - kin hell that could be a winner of the underfstatement of 2008 award

So, WHICH f sikaflex f then f please ??...ta for all the help so far all :)

Nige

Not that clear website - kin hell that could be a winner of the understatement of 2008 award

It's a bit of a minefield isn't it... :blink:

So, WHICH f sikaflex f then f please ??...ta for all the help so far all :)

Mike's the man with the answers

sika 512 is UV safe but better for sealing

sika 291 is an adesive/sealant and will do just about any thing you want on a landrover plus you can paint over it. it's the one i use

mike

Nige, loads of places (chandlers and I think Covers in Chi have it) down here. I have some in the garage if it hasn't gone off which you can have gratis. Will check which type and get back.

UPDATE - Just checked, mine has gone off :( , but another idea is Screwfix in Chi, Bognor roundabout on the A27.

I've been using some Evo-stick ultimate strength adhesive (see below) and some Sikaflex adhesive (512 IIRC) and I can't tell the difference between them. Except the Evo-stick stuff is easily available off the shelf in B&Q.

73636_m.jpg

be careful it may be like grip fill not to good if it get wet for long periods of time.

IME