2007 defender rejected today i gave up

well it was towed away last night :angry:

the clutch bearing has failed after a new clutch was fitted in december last year

after all the faults i gave up and asked for a replacement

the dealer seemed shocked :angry:

its gone back with the clutch bearing failed head gasket leaking front hub seals leaking and the gear box still leaking

its been back for the following

August 2007

ABS/ TC sensor and body work refinishing repaint load area and rear body parts

Re attach rear tail gate under seal re attach carpets

November 2007

Gearbox noise new clutch fitted gear box removed

January 2008

Failed to start problem with alarm system not picking up the keys remote

February 2008

Gear box and transfer box leaking oil

March 2008

Gearbox still leaking returned again new sump fitted

April 2008

Called land rover assistance due to noise from gear box area and clutch again engineer reported bearing noisy advised further driving will cause further damage taken away by recovery.

The follow faults are all so present gearbox still leaking oil this will be the third attempt to rectify head gasket is now starting to show signs of leakage of oil along the gasket line left and side of the engine. Front hub seals left and right I both failing allowing grease to leak out

which is collecting around the base of the front hub. The gear box is still dripping oil by the transfer box. The gear change seems to be very poor and noisy from November last year which has been reported to the dealer. This was confirmed when driving a 57 plate double cab at the factory tour in which the gear change was faultless

a sad day

daniel

How did they feel about the mods you made. like the LED lights?

Or did you have to change them back?

all removed

only non standard items are

browchurch roof rack

ifor alloy top in the rear

nas spec rear lights with bolt on bits plints so they can come off as well kept the old lights

rear cab speaker behind the rear seats

dan

Sorry to hear that. A sad day indeed.

What will happen now? Refund / exchange?

On a related note, a friend of mine (and JSG's) is having problems with his '07 110. The engine revs carry on for a second-or-so with each lift of the throttle.

The dealer has had it for almost 2 weeks now, although this isn't the first time it's been back.

He's very unhappy, frustrated and missing his 110 like mad. Even Disco 3 or Jag XJ loan cars haven't helped.

I really hope you find satisfaction with the LR brand in whatever happens after this.

Personally, I think you'll struggle on a replacement with that list of faults. I would be very surprised if LR consider this without you taking legal action and even then I'm not sure this list will be viewed as remotely close to that required for 'not fit for purpose'.

I suspect that (after a lot of effort) you'll be offered to buy a new vehicle with a contribution for mileage covered in yours. How many miles have you done?

Cheers

Steve

Personally, I think you'll struggle on a replacement with that list of faults. I would be very surprised if LR consider this without you taking legal action and even then I'm not sure this list will be viewed as remotely close to that required for 'not fit for purpose'.

I suspect that (after a lot of effort) you'll be offered to buy a new vehicle with a contribution for mileage covered in yours. How many miles have you done?

Cheers

Steve

my one has covered just over ten thousand miles

i under stand what you are saying i have asked for a replacement that is fit for use it would not have to be new just the same spec and in working order

i have not asked for a refund and will not

i rejected it due to it repeated faults being left un repaired and the amount of time spent dropping off and picking it up from the dealer

i would say not being able to drive it due to it being broken in any way not fit for purpose would you not argee

land rover have been very good with me in the passed and i am sure we can come to some arrangment

dan

i would say not being able to drive it due to it being broken in any way not fit for purpose would you not argee

I do agree, but the law allows them reasonable effort to rectify faults, and as such it gets into semantics and is then in the hands of expensive lawyers. You also have to consider that legally you have to deal with dealer as they sold it to you, not Land Rover.

An option would be to request an inspection by LR's dealer QA department. Also, have the dealer involve LR customer service too and lodge your complaint and request for a replacement directly with LR. Your best remedy may be to have LR take your Defender and rectify all faults directly.

I wish you well with resolving it.

Steve

Sorry to hear that. A sad day indeed.

What will happen now? Refund / exchange?

On a related note, a friend of mine (and JSG's) is having problems with his '07 110. The engine revs carry on for a second-or-so with each lift of the throttle.

The dealer has had it for almost 2 weeks now, although this isn't the first time it's been back.

He's very unhappy, frustrated and missing his 110 like mad. Even Disco 3 or Jag XJ loan cars haven't helped.

I really hope you find satisfaction with the LR brand in whatever happens after this.

Dont know what its like now,but i have been working in a dealership for the last 8 years,normaly its the same fault in a row 3 times means a replacement vehicle brand new should be given,lots off different faults in a new vehicle are under the 3 times fix rule if it comes in a 4 time you can refuse and ask for a new vehicle,anything else im not overly sure of as it can vary upon manufactures and the dealer,i will say the dealership only do what landrover will tell them on that one,theyre too tight to supply a new vehicle out their own pocket,especialy when its the servicing they make most of their money on and not the supplying of a new vehicle,hope you get on okay.you should keep on top of customer care to

hi chaps

dropped the letter off to the dealer this after noon after a phone call this morning i do know i won't be getting all my money back or a new car before i went in as my one is second hand and has coverd over 10 k

may be offered a buy back price or a part ex on a new one with discount swop for a second hand model i don't know

it was a very good meeting they under stand the problems. i do know all the service staff by name and a man did asked if i work for them as he had seen me on the last four visit to the :lol: dealer

but what do i do its been faulty from day one and seems to be going down hill fast. i have to make a stand some where

theyu will inspect my one in the morning and come back to me next week

ps the range over loan car flooded with rain water today :o leaky door seal or sun roof

dan

Cheers

Steve

friend of mine had just sorted somthing simerler with honda over his ATV 21months old 5of witch spent in being fixed :huh:

don't give in thay won't want to give in but thay will after time

You will probably get more luck in negotiating some extra warranty ................ like an extra 12 months warranty over and above that which is offered with the vehicle.

I think my stand would be to get a courtesy vehicle from the main stealer's and not accept the vehicle back until they can demonstrate that it is fixed to the manufactures spec and your satisfaction................. ;)

:)

Ian

You will probably get more luck in negotiating some extra warranty ................ like an extra 12 months warranty over and above that which is offered with the vehicle.

I think my stand would be to get a courtesy vehicle from the main stealer's and not accept the vehicle back until they can demonstrate that it is fixed to the manufactures spec and your satisfaction................. ;)

:)

Ian

i have a replacement Range rover at present which is nice. we only keep them 24 months at most so a extra year warrenty would not help me

they are checking it today and takeing photos to send to land rover for comments

and will come back to me next week

dan

i have a replacement Range rover at present which is nice. we only keep them 24 months at most so a extra year warrenty would not help me

they are checking it today and takeing photos to send to land rover for comments

and will come back to me next week

dan

hi,have you spoken to trading standards?they may have had dealings with said dealer in the past,i had awful greif with our lr main agent in ipswich with a 110 csw,took a lot of holding of breath and footstamping and persistance to get everything sorted,solihul customer services were next to useless,one lesson i learnt was paying for a vehicle in one go seems to leave you at there mercy,if you buy on finance the finance company will also back you up.good luck stay persistant.

Obviously sad to see it has come to this but I'm glad in a way that you've decided enough is enough - I was whincing every time you posted another fault.

Hopefully you get another Puma (which, according to the majority of experiences here, won't suffer the catalogue of issues you've had) so your last experience won't be such an awful one.

Keep us posted.

I hope you get it resolved, it would be unrealistic to expect a full refund or new replacement but your approach seems fairer.

With a new model I think you will always get teething problems but its how they get sorted that matters - to me the frustrating thing were I in your shoes would be the repeated oil leaks etc - they shouldn't be that hard to fix.

It does seem to be down to the toss of a coin whether you get a problem Puma or not though - many are running well whilst others have the same problems cropping up.

right update

they have repaired the faults listed and i have accepted the defender back yesterday this is my argreement with them

Further to the collection of our Defender from Sidcup this morning and my conversation with your Technician I have agreed to accept the above defender back on the condition that no further fault occur between now and the first service date which is in 1800miles .

I feel we have now given you a fair opportunity to rectify the problems listed in our letter dated 24.04.08 if any faults do occur between this date and the first service we will have no option than to refer back to our previous letter and reject the vehicle and ask that it be replaced.

i think this is fair way to go forward with this matter

daniel

and i got we can't make the gearbox make the noise noththing wrong with it. they seemed to have repaired that as well just wonder if they ever fitted the clutch right in the first place:rtfm:

dan