Rear washer jets

Comical Engineer

My rear washers are clogged up and only give the odd useless drip. I've tried the usual needle in the jet etc but have come to the conclusion that there's some crud in the pipe.

The question is, how do you remove the jet from the rear pillar (preferably without taking half the rear bodywork apart to do it).

I've tried waggling it, but it doesn't seem to want to pull out. Is there a nut or screw securing it to the pillar or am I just not pulling hard enough? Don't want to wreck the pillar trying to remove the jet mounting.

The washer pump is working ok. I also plan to remove the washer fluid tank and give it a thorough clean out and replace the damaged filter mesh.

IIRC it is actually like a bayonet fit, i.e. you have to turn it a bit anti-clockwise then it should pull out. However, the plastic springy bits that hold it in place have a habit of holding on for dear life so you are likely to break it getting it out. I think they are only a couple of quid from the main stealer so it may be worth having a new one on standby.

I think removing the speaker will give you access to the rear of the washer fitting. Worth a look anyway, as it's only a couple of screws.

Already tried removing the speaker. There is no access to the back of the washer jet from the aperture. <_<

I'll try the twist & pull method! Failing that it's an angle grinder!

I've had laods of blocked jets before, and if your sucessful in getting it off, mix up some hot water with soda crystals and a bit of biologial washing power. Chuck the jet in it and let it soak over night.

Quick rise with warm water and it should be totally clear :)