And Another Tyre Question

Maarten88

Morning all,

I think I'm in a classical dilemma: Do I spend a lot of money on a very good product, or do I botch it?

Tyres for my IIB: 5 XZL's 2nd hand, new tubes and fitted for 950 euros.

2nd Bar Grips, not fitted, for a lot less, don't know how much. Then I have to find a tyre fitter who wants to fit them, meaning I have to store the tyres for a while, and I don't really have the space.

My IIB has a Nissan diesel engine and 'box, so is capable of doing more than 60 km/h..

Sooo, what do you think? Bite the bullet on the XZL's?

Regards,

Maarten

Morning all,

I think I'm in a classical dilemma: Do I spend a lot of money on a very good product, or do I botch it?

Tyres for my IIB: 5 XZL's 2nd hand, new tubes and fitted for 950 euros.

2nd Bar Grips, not fitted, for a lot less, don't know how much. Then I have to find a tyre fitter who wants to fit them, meaning I have to store the tyres for a while, and I don't really have the space.

My IIB has a Nissan diesel engine and 'box, so is capable of doing more than 60 km/h..

Sooo, what do you think? Bite the bullet on the XZL's?

Regards,

Maarten

Go with the Michelins, a truly wonderful tyre.

Lara,

I have to confess that I have bought the bar grips... 135 euro for a set of 5.. And a friend is fitting them with new tubes..

I couldn't justify the extra expense for the michelin's, not just yet. I've just started working, need a custom propshaft and a full camper interior as well.

Thanks for the replies

Maarten