road tax

rocky

Hi, just wondering what everybody's thoughts are on the gov's backdoor tax for 2001+ vehicles. fortunately mine is 1995 but i was thinking of getting a bit younger, so that's now bee hit on the head. I'll just have to spend some dosh keeping my disco running. Rocky

Thing is, the government haven't actually informed "us" that the tax has risen to upto the £455, they just said that the car tax will rise, but not informing us exactly how much and have not properly publicised the exact rise. Also they have put the tax back from 2004 higher taxed cars to 2001. Why? We have a 53 plate td5 es disco and that will cost to tax in a few years....£455. However, a Hummer H2 with a 6.2 v8 drinks like a fish and weighs as much as a house, but will cost exactly the same???? They say it is all done by emissions, but they have only put it back to 2001, so you can own a Ferrari F40 with its twin turbo v8, and churning out loads of bad emissions, but will only cost you £200 to tax!!! Is it just me or is this whole idea crazy?

Rhys

Thing is, the government haven't actually informed "us" that the tax has risen to upto the £455, they just said that the car tax will rise, but not informing us exactly how much and have not properly publicised the exact rise. Also they have put the tax back from 2004 higher taxed cars to 2001. Why? We have a 53 plate td5 es disco and that will cost to tax in a few years....£455. However, a Hummer H2 with a 6.2 v8 drinks like a fish and weighs as much as a house, but will cost exactly the same???? They say it is all done by emissions, but they have only put it back to 2001, so you can own a Ferrari F40 with its twin turbo v8, and churning out loads of bad emissions, but will only cost you £200 to tax!!! Is it just me or is this whole idea crazy?

Rhys

you're not implying the government are trying to screw the motorist for taxes unfairly are you Rhys?

Don't know what would make you think that? :ph34r:

the goverment is just trying to screw us for all they can while they are here as they know there is no way they are getting re-elected, not that we elected them last time. i didn;t vote but i am this time around. but who for???? :(