Buying a new "old"defender

siggy

Well it looks like my applicatioon is being processed and I've looked into importing a Defender into Canada now I know there is a 15year rule however you can import a younger model but it has to meet the requirements and is probably quite hard to achieve.

So early next year I'll be looking to sell my standard def110csw. and looking into purchasing a early (15Y.O. or older defender)

note to everybody I know that defenders name only came in with the tdi's so it may not technically be a defender but you get my drift

It is a completely standard defender110 csw with 133K on the clock would £8,500 -£10,000 seem a reasonable price for sale?

and where should I go for a good 15.y.o prefer 200tdi but I might be able to manage a V8 or two ;)

Guest diesel_jim

Why not /cough cough/ buy an older vehicle (scrappy type 110) and /cough cough/ "transfer" your body bits onto the older chassis.

then of course, ahem, update your logbook.

:rolleyes:

What year / VIN did the 200TDi get rear disk brakes?

Mines a 93 200tdi with them. I gather this was the change over period. According to paddocks its VIn number LA930456 onwards. My VIn is a couple of hundred after the one they quote so it would make sense. I understand from other posts that they may have been an optional extra on some defenders before thiat period.

Jas :)

Why not /cough cough/ buy an older vehicle (scrappy type 110) and /cough cough/ "transfer" your body bits onto the older chassis.

then of course, ahem, update your logbook.

:rolleyes:

Lets see how to say this........... Canada Customs require the "paperwork" to indicate to them that the vehicle is indeed 15 years old, month specific, when it lands here.....

To my knowledge they do not get into, engine types, weather its disc braked all around or not, etc.........

so obviously if you are somewhat creative you could pretty much build the Land Rover you want to send or bring whichever the case may be..........

as long as the paperwork says it is 15 years old..............

In fact i think what i have outlined above would be quite "legal".............

If i were to import again i'd go for an H registered , 200tdi and add a "few items' before it lrft the UK.

BTW right hand drive is not a problem here other than looking a little silly :)

These 110's maybe worth a look

1989 110

LHD 1990 110

:D:D

That second one is a very decent looking vehicle Ralph............i'm almost tempted :)

but i'm willing to bet it will go well and above 3000GBp............

We have to add 1000 GBp appx for shipping and then near 20% on that total, ie purchase, shipping, taxes, duties.........OUCH :)

I think it was the 7% federal tax that inticed us

it's 15% in Ontario 7% federal 8% provincal (maybe the otherway round) what the tax like in the maritimes?

We have the same burdensome tax as Ontario here in the Maritimes........... and the highest petro prices in Canada as well..........

So Alberta does have it's advantages, especially if you are starting from "scratch" setting up house, etc..........

Good Luck !! :)