Bead-locks

6cyltdi

Hi

Gary Andrews on here n D44 does weld-on ext rings 16 bolt (M10) ...I have a set with stainless outer rings and they seem fine , not used them in anger as such, others have ..Adrian Turner among others. Single or double is the first question really , that will then guide your choice.

Cheers

Steveb

I don't have the time or the correct tools to build them

I bought a kit and got a mate with a fabrication firm to build them up with extra off set, do all the welding and balancing of the rim.

I would still recomend buying them built.

Where did you order em from....? and how many pennies....?

Stazworks in the States and are you sitting down? :ph34r: I've got 10 wheels waiting for some free time so I can build them up onto tyres so I've been through it and its not that painful but it does take a little while. To give you an idea on prices - you're not a million miles away from double the price of single beadlocks over here (eg Mach 5's and Rock-a-thorn)

Before making your choice consider all of the parts involved. My Gary Andrews beadlocks broke down as follows:

5 x donnor steel wheels: £70

10 x 16" Gary Andrews bead lock rings: £100

plenty of welding wire and gas, wire cup brush etc. estimated cost: £15

Powder coating: £150

Nuts, bolts and washers: £50

Sealing rings: £30

Valves and fitting: £2.50 (I did it myself!)

Total: £417.50 for 5 wheels

However because these wheels are home made I understand technically they are not road legal. Also they are less well balanced than factory made wheels. All of a sudden the extra money for Mach 5s or Rock-a-thorn doesn't look so bad. You pays your money, you makes your choice.

However, I love my wheels in a manner I don't like to discuss with 'normal' people, mainly because they were born from the tip of my MIG and therfore nobody else has a set.....

Before making your choice consider all of the parts involved. My Gary Andrews beadlocks broke down as follows:

5 x donnor steel wheels: £70

10 x 16" Gary Andrews bead lock rings: £100

plenty of welding wire and gas, wire cup brush etc. estimated cost: £15

Powder coating: £150

Nuts, bolts and washers: £50

Sealing rings: £30

Valves and fitting: £2.50 (I did it myself!)

Total: £417.50 for 5 wheels

However because these wheels are home made I understand technically they are not road legal. Also they are less well balanced than factory made wheels. All of a sudden the extra money for Mach 5s or Rock-a-thorn doesn't look so bad. You pays your money, you makes your choice.

However, I love my wheels in a manner I don't like to discuss with 'normal' people, mainly because they were born from the tip of my MIG and therfore nobody else has a set.....

Mine cost about the same and look the same as well but I bought the half built kit from Will and Tonk made the rest

Is that 'has' or 'want'? ;););););););)

Steve :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Right here I am :)

The guys at BT fab are fantastic. The kit that I have comprises of;

- 10, 32 bolt hole 6mm rings

- 160 stainless allen bolts

- 160 stainless nuts and spring washers

- 4 longer allen bolts

- 5 fibre belts

- and instructions of course :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly, I cannot remember what I paid for them, but inclusive with postage they were £265, and in my opinion they are top dollar beadlocks.

Dave, NAS90 (Who runs Cirrus Laser Cutting) cut Nick (RogueVogue) and I a set of bead lock rings each. I can't remeber what they cost - but they were pretty good value. I dare say he still has the program if someone else wanted some.

The weld-on rings were made in two pieces to reduce the waste material - but it doesn't make them any harder to weld in place.

If more than one set are required, the cost per set reduces some.

Si

Guest WALFY
Dave, NAS90 (Who runs Cirrus Laser Cutting) cut Nick (RogueVogue) and I a set of bead lock rings each. I can't remeber what they cost - but they were pretty good value. I dare say he still has the program if someone else wanted some.

The weld-on rings were made in two pieces to reduce the waste material - but it doesn't make them any harder to weld in place.

If more than one set are required, the cost per set reduces some.

Si

Cirrus Laser, Make mighty fine trophy's as well. :D

Ok, well i will be running 39.6x18x15 boggers on 15x13 rims with 10" Offset and planning running them at 3-5psi

What are other peoples experiences with single and double bead locks, what do you think would be most suitable for me...? I'm not very kind to my car and need something to stand up to the abuse its gona get....? :D :D :D :D ;) ;)