The H.O.F.S. Ladoga 2008 Blog

Best of luck to the HOFS, truly inspirational. Keep us all updated as much as is poss.

I too was wondering where the reg. came from, but more in terms of there didn't appear to be a donor vehicle (I could be wrong), but go the distinct impression that its essentially been build from scratch... B) ...& its now an E reg....what gives HOFS!?! ;)

Anyway, all the best, Northern Paul

Best of luck to the HOFS, truly inspirational. Keep us all updated as much as is poss.

I too was wondering where the reg. came from, but more in terms of there didn't appear to be a donor vehicle (I could be wrong), but go the distinct impression that its essentially been build from scratch... B) ...& its now an E reg....what gives HOFS!?! ;)

Anyway, all the best, Northern Paul

Don't upset the Fu with questions......it's a series landrover alright :ph34r:

is it still in one piece???

No upsetting the Fu intended!! :rolleyes:

Its just downright amazing to see the transformation from that to Mouse in 17 weeks...

I'm sure I'm not alone in doffing my proverbial cap - big up yerselves & once again, best of luck.

Where abouts are the HOFS at present?

Cheers, Northern Paul

How warped is my mind......

When I saw this:

DSCN18182008-05-23.JPG

It made me think of this:

lotus340r6xr6.jpg

:blink::blink::blink:

Car looks ace - light and tough! Glad you managed to get off OK even if not totally on time. However, to do what you did in 17wks is unbelieveable!

through the abuse magic of the on-board interprawn

£10 for 200 fags - yeeehaa, almost enough to cope with a Russian border crossing :unsure:

DSCN18362008-05-26.JPG

its grim when the view looks like this

DSCN18392008-05-26.JPG

its 10:45 and the old chick with the piano is mashing up some bangin choons in the lounge, considering going to bust some shapes with the German pensioner tour thats ripping up the floor in a big styleee :huh:

Things are coming together; just got a message from Urvo that highlights the level of stupidity dedication proto navs naturally seem to have, he's done the 400km round trip to sort a new passport, wangled a new visa from the embassy and should pick that up on Thursday meaning if he drives like a loon he should make it to St P to hook up with the crew on Friday - mark of a hero. Good shooting my friend - I think last night in camp will be even more messy than last year ;)

on the Finnish side Tapios VolDis has finally fired having tracked their problems to a burned pin on one of the chips and pulling a 1400km return in a day to get a new one - they are in a worse state than us in terms of being unfinished and untested but showing Sisu in a big way - less Lapin Kulta and more spanners guys, seeya tomorrow :)

big hugs to KooPee at Offivaruste for shuffling stuff about to get Fridges 109 in and sorted - beers to Skirt monkey aka Faceman from the A team for the emergency logisitcs :)

looking forward to seeing the rest of the crew and nailing Mouse down the Nevski Prospekt :i-m_so_happy:

thanks for the wishes folks - it means a lot, we need as much good luck as we can get at the mo :blink:

I've been over on the members vehicle forum looking for everyone and you have been here for the last 5 days.

Doh! Doh! Doh! Doh! Doh!.............................Doh!

they're lounging about on a ferry at the mo!!

see here

--------------------

'92 200tdi 90 HT :: Crookesmountain.com :: LRboards.com

T'was like when we were kids playing blind mans bluff and after half an hour with the blindfold on and not catching anyone you take off the blindfold only to find the've all legged it to play cricket!

Just let us seniors know which door to go through :lol:

Anyway chaps best of luck, been keeping an eye on the other post for weeks now, mouse looks good bring back some silverware.

Hi nas90, your not the only one, DOH!!!! :huh:

BEST of luck, can't wait for the pics and videos, Mouse looks stunning and i'm sure its moves just as fast as the Lotus.... using only the front Winch :blink:

Nice to know that the Oregon cam can survive a Ladoga, might be a good advert line for them, i'm looking to buy one for "Hakuna Matata"

Anders

Just a quick update from Tapio's house - prep has been frantic but I think we're getting there. Mouse is looking good, we're just running it up to temperature for the first time after having to swap out 50 crappy hose clamps for 50 very expensive hose clamps, a big task and a right PITFA, not to mention PITWallet :(

109's clutch is done albeit at an eye-watering price :o let's hope everything works.

Can't upload photos now but will try to do some later if we get time. We're off to Russia this afternoon all being well.

Fridge - better to have it sorted for £££ (or whatever currency you paid in!) than to have it not fixed...You knows it ;)

Glad to hear that Mouse is looking good, dang, even the hose clamps are bling B)

To all involved, best of luck getting to Russia - back here in Sunny Britain (Well, it is in Newcastle) we're all thinking of you & mentally egging you on. Can't wait to see some photos/vids as & when you get chance.

Go get 'em :P

Just back from the Petal test drive, it certainly goes OK on road and off it. Again, no pics :( sorry. Kimi is complaining he bangs his head on the ECU, we will find him a hard hat :lol: the difflock warning light switch is a bit dodgy (good old Britpart) and there are plenty of rough edges to be smoothed, but that's always the way.

Tapio and co are doing OK with their Proto, a minor issue with the brakes is being sorted behind me as I type.

Roope seems to have broken another "1500bhp guaranteed" autobox :o but he has some drive in manual mode so is coming along anyway.

One thing I didn't expect in Finland was sunburn :o

It doesn't matter that Kimi bangs his head .................. it will probably help him to navigate..................and also save Jez from having to bang him on the head.......... :lol:

The only good (maybe to stronger word) diff lock switches are the originals .............. the aftermarket items are carp, as you have found out...........

As I understand it ..........Roope is capable of breaking most things with his quest for world HP domination and his unique driving style !

Glad its going OK ....................well, sort of OK............... :rolleyes:

:)

Ian