The H.O.F.S. Ladoga 2008 Blog

One thing I didn't expect in Finland was sunburn :o

Given the amount of moon light you guys have been seing I'm not surprised. Do you even know what the sun is?????? :ph34r:

Sounds like fun and games out there. Glad to head Mouse goes well (and so it should do with 'a few more' bhp under the bonnet than Petal did). Ian's right about diff lock switches - its got to be gen every time. I had a non gen one fail meaning I didn't know when I was in/out of diff lock. The result: though I was in, went for a hill climb, bang go the gears in the centre diff :rolleyes:

Message from James Via Sms:

Currently in russia,got through border ok, Mouse doing 25mpg, Petrol 25Rbl a litre(approx 50p a litre),currently in mad rush for registration

At 1237pm the SMS from Fridge reads that they had recently crossed the border OK and were about 180 clicks from St P'burg.

Excellent...................................... B)

:)

Ian

At 1237pm the SMS from Fridge reads that they had recently crossed the border OK and were about 180 clicks from St P'burg.

Excellent...................................... B)

Ian

message from james was sent at 16.20 this afternoon

Message from James Via Sms:

Currently in russia,got through border ok, Mouse doing 25mpg, Petrol 25Rbl a litre(approx 50p a litre),currently in mad rush for registration

the things some fowk will dae fir cheap fuel :rolleyes:

Our friends come today to Petrsburg for registration on Ladoga Trophy Raid. We met them near registration center. We were nervous very much during all day but when our guests from UK arrived in 9 o'clock in the evening all of us have calmed down and we reward John (FridgeFreezer) a silver cross. Huge thanks him that he helped us to bring spare parts on our Land Rover from UK. He is very nice guy and today we communicate with him with great pleisure :lol: . The proto car looks very impressive I can't describe it because I have no suitable words for it. I can say: "VERY COOL". Tomorrow we will meet on the start.

post-8940-1212180080_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212180188_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212180239_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212180370_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212180440_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212180524_thumb.jpg

God he looks rough.................. I sent a text earlier telling him to get pi$$ed early and get some rest ...............

Alex,

Please could you post some pictures from the start line tomorrow ;) ............. thanks

Ian

Hi Ian!

Of course we will make some pictures from the start tomorrow. Don't worry about it!

Regards!

Hi guys! Yesterday was registration for world championship Ladoga Trophy. All area before sport complex "Anniversary" has been filled by machines prepared to competitions. Registration last all the day long, and we still should meet an English command to award our friend John Utteridge (FridgeFreezer) for outstanding merits in development of Avtokosmos. But the English command was late where that in road and to wait it was necessary almost up to 9 one o'clock in the evening that time has enabled also to photograph much different cars. All was cool. Here are some pictures. See the full photo report on my website. http://avtokosmos.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

post-8940-1212261718_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212261752_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212261825_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212261907_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212261985_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212262051_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212262621_thumb.jpg