90 Chassis diagram

Hi, is there anyone with a bit more intelligence than me that can explain what the diagram dimentions refer to. I've been sat in the workshop looking at my chassis and then the diagram and can't make head nor tail of it.

post-7726-1212171537_thumb.jpg post-7726-1212171694_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Max

Hi, is there anyone with a bit more intelligence than me that can explain what the diagram dimentions refer to. I've been sat in the workshop looking at my chassis and then the diagram and can't make head nor tail of it.

post-7726-1212171537_thumb.jpg post-7726-1212171694_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Max

The drawing has dimensions 1-40 but your list on 2nd page goes dimension 1-37 so I cannot tell what 38-40 dimensions are in millimetres.

If you look at dimension 11 and then cross reference to the table you will see that it is the wheelbase 2360mm (92.91ins).

Just look-up the table for the appropriate dimension on the plan, side elevation or cross-section. The dimension numbers on the drawing are NOT dimensions they are referenced to the table!

There are also 3 cross sectional views X-X; Y-Y; Z-Z.

X-X is just behind the rear axle radius arm mount looking forwards; Y-Y just in front of the rear X-Member looking forwards and Z-Z just behind the front hockey stick mountings looking forwards.

Both the side and plan views have the front of the vehicle on the left hand edge of the drawing :lol:

Hi Les, I've downloaded all the manuals from here http://www.nottslrc.co.uk/manuals.htm.

Thanks for the explanation, regarding 38-40 I don't know where they are. theyare certainly not on the next page as it goes into 110 dimentions.

I unxderstood that the numbers on the diagram are refs to dimentions but if you look at 1 then this shows what should be the overall length of the chassis but the dimentions say 239,0--236.5 mm. Whats this all about. Im wanting specific lengths so i can put new outriggers on the rangie chassis for the bulkhead and also rear crossmember. Not to mention shortening the whole thing.

Confused!!!

Max

Hi Les, I've downloaded all the manuals from here http://www.nottslrc.co.uk/manuals.htm.

Thanks for the explanation, regarding 38-40 I don't know where they are. theyare certainly not on the next page as it goes into 110 dimentions.

I unxderstood that the numbers on the diagram are refs to dimentions but if you look at 1 then this shows what should be the overall length of the chassis but the dimentions say 239,0--236.5 mm. Whats this all about. Im wanting specific lengths so i can put new outriggers on the rangie chassis for the bulkhead and also rear crossmember. Not to mention shortening the whole thing.

Confused!!!

Max

Someone's having a laugh :(

If you look at dimension 4 in the table it says 2420.6 - 2418.6 when you view the drawing this dimension is going to be about 25mm :unsure:

Someone has put the wrong numbers on the table or drawing :lol:

No wonder you cant make head nor tail of it - don't think anyone can!

The span of dimensions is to allow for manufacturing tolerance.