Heated Windscreens

Ozyboy

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone will be able to answer this.

LR Have apparantly fitted 2 typed of heated screens to LR's

1 has connections at the top (3 Connections) and 1 has connections at the bottom (3 x connections)

I need to know the model years when each one started and ended.

Say:- Top connection from 98 to 2003 and bottom connections from 2003 onwards

Anybody help???

Cheers

Ozy

Right...interseting question!

I had a heated screen retro fitted to my 1999 TD5. when I picked it up I noticed the electrical tags were at the bottom (3 of them - some are 2 apparently). I was later told they should be at the top and that the fitter had put it in upside down. This made no sense to me whatever as there was no wiring in the car for it and I did the wiring afterwards. So, given that the screen is of unifom shape i.e. can be fitted whichever way up, the controlling factor is where is the wiring? I can see that it could be hidden in the headlining and come down the door pillars but conversely this would not work on a soft top.

After all this waffling I do not know what the answer to your question is but would ask you why you need to know as it seems to me the position of the wiring is the deciding factor not the car year. Unless of course you retro fit like me in which case it matters not a jot. I could of course be totally wrong.............

Thanks for the answers so far. Needless to say i am having problems with the insurance companies glass peeps (Autoglass), as all they can supply is a one with connections at the bottom. My connections are at the top, as i retro fitted the heated screen some years ago 99 maybe.

Now heated screens are not available cheaply anymore, i was hoping to make an insurance claim.

Autoglass have spoken to main dealers, and they say the only one they can sell has connections at the bottom. And that your vehicle was never fitted with one.

My Home pC has crashed, and i haven't got round to re-loading the parts book stuff to get the answer.

Long winded i know, but i don't have time at the moment, to be messing around.....

What about can anyone look up the part number for a green tinted heated screen for Defender, with connections at the TOP.

Cheers

Oz

can anyone look up the part number for a green tinted heated screen for Defender, with connections at the TOP.

Cheers

Oz

these label were on my green tinted laminated heated screen [3 terminal tags at top] when I got it :D

part number CMB000410. hope that helps :D

File0139.jpg

Sounds like, as John surgested,, the screen got fitted the wrong way round ??

Is the writing on the glass the right way up,, ?? Will not Autoglass fit upside down ??

Heated screen's are not cheap !! just fitting one to a GP A Ford Ka, and thats near £300 + vat !!

Sounds like, as John surgested,, the screen got fitted the wrong way round ??

Is the writing on the glass the right way up,, ??

all the printing/etching on my screen is the correct way up, sometime ago in LRM Iirc Ross Floyd fitted a heated screen to his 90, that one had the connections at the top as well, he wrote the centre was connected to earth at the rear view mirror bracket & the 2 outers were connected via relay to the switch.

must get mine connected, cos it's been in place 2 years :lol:

Edited by western

Top man, i've just sent Autoglass your picture. Hopefully i won't get a slapped wrist for missuse of your photographic property.......

I'll let you know what they come back with.....

Cheers

Oz

No probs with giving them the info, they should use the CMB000410 number to get you sorted. :D

When i got a freebee screen recently from a mate at Pilkington (mine came with two connectors each side at the bottom). When i was checking fitment instructions i called Pilkington tech people as i had instructions for a top connected screen they said the top mounted connector version was for the US market