Power Supplies From 12V

sotal

I've got a small inverter which I can use of the land rover battery to run lights and things like that but it's never good enough to run anything more powerful.

I've just seen this at ALDI:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_6243.htm

It looks good being all fused protected etc, and it says it runs TV's Kettles etc.

So anyone got anything like that or does anyone know the specs for them?

Had a look at the link. Its huge! How would you even get it in the car? it would have to go on a roof rack I guess but given the size of it I'd rather do without. Cheap for something so big gotta be a catch somewhere me thinks. Be better of just taking a generator, more expensive but smaller and more power I bet.

I don't think the above is what you all think it is. It looks suspeciously like the mains hook up lead I have for my tent!! And its listed in the camping bit so I'm fairly sure thats what it is. It requires a 240volt feed. All it does is give you a RCD in the tent and weatherproof sockets. Nothing to do with cars.

Have a look-see here:

http://shop.eurobatteries.com/index.php?cP...lhn7bt1tsbpj1r6

I bought one a couple of years ago for home emergency use in the event of a power cut. Work out the wattage required and go from there.

Most of these types of inverters SHOULD be o.k for a small tv etc but expect some flicker in running light bulbs as the circuitry is crude and is effectively half-wave rectified (so i have been told)

They might run new-fangled low wattage energy saver bulbs better as these are not single filament

It is just a bog standard power lead for use at a caravan site,

I emailed them earlier to ask for any other specs, and they told me it was mistake, they have now corrected the website to remove the bit which says it runs from your cars 12v socket!