Pit Lane strikes again!

white90

Well after dragging the water boards van out the other week, I set off for some shopping today to find an AA van embedded in the dry stone wall after a sliding incident...

He looks awfull miserable I thought So I asked if there was anything I could do.

he said his Sat Nav had sent him down there(don't always trust sat nav)

Well I could have reversed over a mile down a sodding slippery slope and risked damaging my 90, Or

I offered to winch him back up the slope, so using all the spare Plasma/Strops I had onboard we managed to rig the pulley block I have (which is carp for Plasma BTW) and drag him bacwards up the hill, 2 re rigs were required to get him out.

He still looked miserable but relieved to be out, a fair bit of damage to the van, but as I reminded him it is only metal and he isn't hurt...

In total it took 40mins to get him out and all the gear packed away..

if you ever plan visting me and have Sat nav please call first as if you are driving anything bar a 4x4 your likley to :

get stuck

have an accident

Tony The Pit Lane 4th emergency service :lol:

Edited by white90

He did seem concerned about telling his manager.

I passed comment that his manager would be a site happier than if he had injured someone else in the accident.

The Lane has a coating of fallen leaves and is very slippery, he slid straight into the wall and was stuck

good and proper.

He did seem concerned about telling his manager.

I passed comment that his manager would be a site happier than if he had injured someone else in the accident.

The Lane has a coating of fallen leaves and is very slippery, he slid straight into the wall and was stuck

good and proper.

Tony, was that the new snatch block that you were talking about getting a little while ago.

No that was my old Superwinch one

The new one is still in transit or possibly still in Cambridgeshire :D

As Steve is sending his one to me I can hardly complain, being lucky enough to be lent it in the frst place. :)

The superwinch has too much play in it and the groove isn't deep enough, you have to watch it all the time to avoid snapping the rope.

Well done Tony :)

I have lost track of the number of cars/caravans, vans and even a coach this year that I have dragged up Lynmouth Hill after they have had either mechanical failure or as is more often the case a failure in driving talent. Nice little earner for us locals with 4x4s ;)

Will :)

Well done Tony :)

I have lost track of the number of cars/caravans, vans and even a coach this year that I have dragged up Lynmouth Hill after they have had either mechanical failure or as is more often the case a failure in driving talent. Nice little earner for us locals with 4x4s ;)

Will :)

Blimey Will, coach up that hill! You must have been in low box with a double under drive! The NAS in high box was held in 1st high on the 4 speed auto up your hill (mountain).