Goodyear G90

I have see today some G90 tyres-but not new -used.With a price of 45 euro for each.At this price I was thinking to buy them but I need your advice.post-8654-1212839017_thumb.jpgpost-8654-1212839071_thumb.jpg

I have an Defender 110 1997 Hard Top and I whant to drive it onroad and offroad 50/50.

What do you think about this tyres ?

If someone has fitted to a Defender? Maybe some photos of an DEFENDER with such tyres?

How do you value them?

Thanks

Eugen

Guest WALFY

We have them at work. When they have a lot of tread they are really good but prformance tails off proportional to tread depth. They wear fairly quickly compared to other tyres.

HTH

Guest diesel_jim

pants.jpg

Pants! thats what they are. like Walfy says, when new they're quite good (i had a new set on my 90, amazing size slope grip) but once they get part worn you might as well have slicks.

Guest WALFY

Nice pants you have Jamie :P .

I was being a bit diplomatic with my original response. You will get others on here who say they are brill. Horses for courses. If it helps I wouldn't have them on my 90 ;) . And I see the odd 1 lying around every now and again

Guest WALFY
Any that are black and round for starters :lol:

I am sure they have their place I am just not sure what it is. The price is very good though...

On our company cars :(:(

Well, just to go against the grain, there certainly are cheap!. My boss uses them on his 130 tipper, which is always heavily loaded with wood chip or logs, and normally towing a chipper. He loves them, they are very heavy duty due to the ply rating of the sidewalls so may not flex that well off road. But he has had no problems on road with them, only thing he has said is he would like them a bit wider as when loaded up with a ton in the back it can sink quite easily.

If he could get them here for 45 euros he would stock pile them.

Myself I use BFG's and they wear really well.

Jon

Guest diesel_jim
Here is a picture... One of Walfy's company cars. :)

Chris

........ after Walfys' driven it... :lol::lol:

what does it mean 7,50 R16 ? I know about such measure as 235/75 R16,255/85 R16.But I dont understand what is 7,50.

7.50x16 means 7.5" (inches) tall x 16" rim. it's the old imperial measurement (although still commonly used), in short, it roughly translates to the tyre being 7.5" wide and 7.5" tall, whereas the later metric (235/85/16) is 235mm wide, and the aspect ratio (height) being 85% of 235 = 199.75mm, which is 7.8"

so you can see that a 235/86 tyre is virtually the same height as a 7.50, but slightly wider.

this is in "theoretical" values... different makes of tyre differ in size,eventhough they're marked as the same.

tyresize.jpg

Guest WALFY
........ after Walfys' driven it... :lol::lol:

Cheeky monkey. Anyway I get a driver to take me around now :P:P . No driving for me. Unfortuanately not all of them are any good at offroad driving. :(

Cheeky monkey. Anyway I get a driver to take me around now :P:P . No driving for me. Unfortuanately not all of them are any good at offroad driving. :(

Dunno about not all of them, not any of them would be closer to the mark from what I have seen over the years :)

• 2 months later...

I have G90s, and I can say that since I have them, I have drifted around corners better than any rearwheel driven vehicle, even on dry surfaces... Roundabouts are especially 'interesting', as are sandy roads...

I am looking for replacements