chassis differences

OilIT

Hi does anybody know what (if any) the main differences are between a 90 200tdi based chassis of the 1990 vintage and a td5 90 chassis. Mine is a little holed here and there, and I have seen a TD5 one for sale, so just wondering how much difference there is if I was to swop it over?

Guest diesel_jim

The engine mounts will be different, so will need the Td5 ones cutting off and 200Tdi welding on (same as the 2.5 D and 2.5 petrol BTW)

the later Td5's have the 5 rear body mounting tags in a slightly different place (they fit "behind" the rear tub, out of sight, as opposed to exposed right at the back), and the fuel tank mounts will be different... you should be able to drill a few holes and mount the side tank properly... or go for a rear tank conversion and have a bigger tank.

or twin tanks!

Looking at the parts catalogue, the rear crossmember is a separate part, so it could be possible to swap them, advantage being keeping the strength + correct body fittings of what you've currently got? Looks as though it's welding rather than bolt on though.