OT: More Big Brother monitoring

minivin

Guest diesel_jim
There are on the Plain, the Ministry's watching you :)

Not seen any camers there yet... although the MoD-Plod are out, and the wardens, as you know.

and i've heard roumour that they have a long range radar unit that can "see" vehicle moving around the training area, although i think this might contain a liberal dose of "scaremongery" by certain white landmark 90 driving "officials" :D

most of the one's I've seen are close to the trials areas or where they may be interested in "cough" potential interests :)

Millimetre RADAR has been developed and used to detect single bolts on a couple Km range of airfield so depending on scenario and system used not impossible

QinetiQ Tarsier

However without talking to my friend at QinetiQ Larkhill I'm not sure what they are using at present for tracking of vehicular movement on the trials range, more details of Larkhill:

QinetiQ Larkhill

OTT rather than OT, I'd say :rolleyes:

Britain being such a relatively small, high population density country, particularly with advances in computer technology, could quite possibly afford to keep an image database from spy satellites of everything that happens everywhere for several years.

OTT rather than OT, I'd say :rolleyes:

Britain being such a relatively small, high population density country, particularly with advances in computer technology, could quite possibly afford to keep an image database from spy satellites of everything that happens everywhere for several years.

:lol::D speaking from experience, that will not happen, at least in the visible range. You guys cultivate WAY too many clouds/ haze/ fog to image with any regularity from space :ph34r::)

:lol::D speaking from experience, that will not happen, at least in the visible range. You guys cultivate WAY too many clouds/ haze/ fog to image with any regularity from space :ph34r::)

visible range as metaphorical time, or linked technology? if the later:

News 1999; SMART Pod

Lets just say, got a lovely A1 poster at work, showing Newcastle in VERY fine detail, taken from x0,000 above London by a fast jet carrying the pod, then once fitted to a geo-stationary air balloon such as:

MineSeeker Image

we then have a very cheap way of forwarding datalinked real-time data for manipulation :P

Can't see it happening quickly, Invasion of privacy issues etc with the general public.

Not that it really matters who knows where you go if you are law abiding, but it is the principal that matters.

Lara.

Invasion of privacy issues has not stopped the widespread CCTV usage in towns and cities though. I think we should all be microchipped and have barcodes stamped on our foreheads, it's not as though law abiding types have anything to hide is it <_<

:blink:

Well I'm not happy with this at all! It's ok for you honest types, but how the hell am I supposed to carry on my drug trafficking, pimping, burglary, car theft, business with bluddy cameras all over the place?

I'll be voting Tory next time, they know how to get things wrong :P

Les. :)

(want a spliff?)

Well I'm not happy with this at all! It's ok for you honest types, but how the hell am I supposed to carry on my drug trafficking, pimping, burglary, car theft, business with bluddy cameras all over the place?

I'll be voting Tory next time, they know how to get things wrong :P

Les. :)

(want a spliff?)

Easy: the internet is your friend. You simply have to devise a code, such as 'got snow?' when you're referring to the kind that gives you more than a cold nose, '34" simexes' refer, obviously, to condoms for the pimping business, can't have your 'biatches' needing to get their own from the chemist's. Ebay for handling the proceeds of the burglaries, a car parts business for ringing etcetera, selling on Land Rover Forums is apparently a good place for it, listen I've probably said too much already, in case you get caught, simply hope that your fellow officers won't proceed with the case. Need more detailed advice? Ring me at work: 0207 739 1212, ask the switchboard operator for 'stoke newington' then ask for the 'secret crack shop' :)

visible range as metaphorical time, or linked technology? if the later:

News 1999; SMART Pod

Lets just say, got a lovely A1 poster at work, showing Newcastle in VERY fine detail, taken from x0,000 above London by a fast jet carrying the pod, then once fitted to a geo-stationary air balloon such as:

MineSeeker Image

we then have a very cheap way of forwarding datalinked real-time data for manipulation :P

visible range as in visible light not to be confused with infra- red [which cares less but still some about the clouds] or radar [as in your first link].

I see your "fast" jet and raise you geo-synchronous orbit :lol::P

London from Space

visible range as in visible light not to be confused with infra- red [which cares less but still some about the clouds] or radar [as in your first link].

London from Space

I was waiting for the theme for Eastenders to start playing when I looked at that image. :rolleyes:

London from Space

I can't tell the resolution it's Top Secret and I would have to find you and hide you away somewhere like Greece for the next 30 years :lol: , I see the CIA are doing good package tours still! Italy seems to have a trade embargo though on the CIA :P

I can't tell the resolution it's Top Secret and I would have to find you and hide you away somewhere like Greece for the next 30 years :lol: , I see the CIA are doing good package tours still! Italy seems to have a trade embargo though on the CIA :P

That image is commercially available 1m resolution [or would be if you could see the original not the poster/ pretty picture].

Here is a shot from Google Map of work [the source of the previous image, this image is from the competition :angry:]Dial Up Warning. This is between 1 and 5 meter resolution.SI from Space.

and for UK content:Tower of London

Google Map is a great inovation [and yes I have a vested interest :D:):P ] and has generated some concern internationally [india and Israel in particular] about the terrorist/ big brother connotations.

As you can imagine it has been immensly popular [like Google needs anything else to inspire interest [stock price is currently nearing $500 a share for a company that just went public last summer]] for exploration, mapping and route finding

cheers