Scorpion racing trailing arms

Ben Jordan

I purchased a pair of Scorpion racing trailing arms from e-blag. They are brand new, never fitted and stated that they were for RRC (I assume that they fit Def, RRC and Disco).

I fitted them Christmas eve with all new genuine bushes, nuts and bolts. I fitted one side at a time. by sliding the arm into the chassis bush (new) and then bolting the arm to the axle, Once I had done this I saw that face of the trailing arm which makes contact with the chassis bush had about two inches of clearance meaning the bottom of the axle would be pulled 2 inches closer to the front. I changed the other side and had the same problem.

I now think that my Rangie has a 98" wheelbase? My simple mind calculates that by pulling the bottom of the axle forward on a lifted Rangie will cause the Diff nose to tilt to the sky even more.

Does anybody have these fitted to there motor and how do you find them?

I purchased a pair of Scorpion racing trailing arms from e-blag. They are brand new, never fitted and stated that they were for RRC (I assume that they fit Def, RRC and Disco).

I fitted them Christmas eve with all new genuine bushes, nuts and bolts. I fitted one side at a time. by sliding the arm into the chassis bush (new) and then bolting the arm to the axle, Once I had done this I saw that face of the trailing arm which makes contact with the chassis bush had about two inches of clearance meaning the bottom of the axle would be pulled 2 inches closer to the front. I changed the other side and had the same problem.

I now think that my Rangie has a 98" wheelbase? My simple mind calculates that by pulling the bottom of the axle forward on a lifted Rangie will cause the Diff nose to tilt to the sky even more.

Does anybody have these fitted to there motor and how do you find them?

Can't quite see what you're trying to say...but it is early :unsure:

But.....when you change the wheelbase you take the excess out between the suspension mounts so the distance from mount to axle will still be the same..are you sure the axle just has'nt moved back slightly with the weight of the truck on it and once everythings done up all will seat correctly....A picture would help ;)

If you had a really big (scrapiron-stylee) lift, wouldn't your diff need to point a bit skyward to prevent the prop binding? Could be that it's meant to go with one of their extreme setups.

(Maybe to prevent the diff nose scraping the road when the springs sag :D )

It has a 2 - 3 inch lift before fitting the trailing arms the chassis bushes were extremely compressed on the bottom.

Jez, I was trying to buy some of your trailing arms but you were sold out, and these ones came up cheap on ebay. I wouold never buy off scrap iron direct as their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

How do I work out what the diff angle should be?