Any one got snow?

northernchris

Here in Melton Mowbray we have 2 inches of snow on our housing estate and the neighbours have all stayed at home.

We took the Land Rover down to my parents on Boxing Day, expecting snow and coming back the following day we were stuck in traffic between Oakham and Melton for 1.5 hours - bit of snow, lots of silly accidents and lots of motorists who have absolutely no idea of how to drive on the white stuff. To get past the worst of the driving, we took to the back roads, low box and taking it smoothly, to get home 2 hours after our original ETA.

Today we went to Bicester for a spot of clothes shopping - incredibly my wife wanted us to go in the Land Rover because she felt safer! (She has a very comfy Beetle Cabriolet, that is usually the apple of her eye).

So far in this snow flurry, the tow rope has been used twice to clear stuck vehicles out of the way.

When will people learn that MORE POWER usually means out of control and STUCK fairly quickly?

No snow here!

Forecast was only for 38*C, but 1pm and it's already 41*C, 7% humidity with a 24knot N/Wester just starting to pick up. :( YUK! :(

My bet's for 44*C before the sun goes down.

It's days like this that a dark green car with black leather interior seems like a really dumb idea. :blink::lol:

The snow was up to the doors of my skoda this morning! great fun driving here.

Good grief, how on earth do the words - Skoda, great fun and driving all appear in the same sentance???? ;);)

I'll bet it is a toss up between the sheep and the new Defenders you chaps can import :)

what's the point of a toss up between the sheep when you could bring a spare pair of wellies for a vast improvement in sensation?

gosh, my coat? Thank you, I'm happy to knock off early on a Friday :)

what's the point of a toss up between the sheep when you could bring a spare pair of wellies for a vast improvement in sensation?

gosh, my coat? Thank you, I'm happy to knock off early on a Friday :)

The most important sensation when dealing with a sheep is taste.....

xday2.jpg

[burp]

Most of you lot in Europe would need a second mortgage to buy that much lamb :lol: