whats the best winch bumper for my 300tdi??

dougstar

Sticky numberplates can be reflective. You just need to get them from the right place!! There was a guy on ebay selling them a couple of years ago....may be worth a search.

Short of that, do you have a light bar? Both Mark and I got ours made up with numberplate mounting brackets in the middle so the plate was between the 4 spots...like this...

RR15.JPG

I have also seen them mounted on small brackets using the fairlead mounting holes...

Have a look at the one that Pete (Raceface120) has got on his Disco HERE. It used to be on my Range Rover and originated as a Southdown bumper.

Very tidy and very close fitting. It came to me drilled to fit an EP9, so that's what I bought at the time. I (we) modified it to remove the pin hitches and add a couple of 20mm bar recovery hoops welded to the bumper in line with the chassis mounting points. Served me well....

It's worth giving Southdown a ring to discuss at the least... Or visit their website for a look

Orange i tried contacting southdown regarding ^^^^^^ and unfortunately this is the reply i recieved

Hi Dougie

Thank you for your email, unfortunately we do not do any Disco or RR Bumpers, as the vehicles vary considerably, we like to send out bumpers that fit but with LR tolerances!!!!

Again many thanks for getting in touch and sorry we cant be of any help to you.

Regards

Jayne

Southdown 4x4

I,m also still trying to source other 'come-up' distributors / suppliers. Any help is greatly appriecated

Thanks

Dougie

• 2 weeks later...
I,m also still trying to source other 'come-up' distributors / suppliers. Any help is greatly appriecated

Thanks

Dougie

Can anyone help here?

I seem to only have Padia 4x4 @ just shy of £500 as the best so far

TIA