HD Rear Bumper

Will C

Can anyone identify the manufacturer of this bumper? - I've seen them in pictures from time to time but cannot find a supplier on internet searches. :unsure:

Would love one to match my from winch bumper. If not any advice on making one? Will

post-9887-1213695688_thumb.jpg

I made one out of 100 x 100 x 5 box.

Pretty straightforward really, just take your time over it and invest in a 9" grinder if you haven't got one already!

My thread for the now departed :( Bishtail rear bumper HERE

Pretty straightforward really, just take your time over it and invest in a 9" grinder if you haven't got one already!

That looks tasty! Being bishtailed you've got space underneath for the winch. I however need to keep my towbar. But you've given me engouragement. Better get out that "hot metal glue gun" I bought and start practicing. If I get it done I'll stick up some pics.......but it won't be soon. :P have to overhaul my suspension first!

Hiya Bish,

just read your thread on you rear bumper, shame you dont have the carboard templates ( or CAD drgs), but do you have anymore photos?

i have lifted my body by 50 mm and need to fabricate some thing to fill the gap and try to protect the rear corners, just happen to have 2 lengths 100x80x5x1440 lying arround, (Bad advice from some muppet at the Pub about sill replacement!!)

PM me if you find anything

Les

post-6628-1213816333_thumb.jpg

post-6628-1213816365_thumb.jpg

Hiya Bish,

just read your thread on you rear bumper, shame you dont have the carboard templates ( or CAD drgs), but do you have anymore photos?

i have lifted my body by 50 mm and need to fabricate some thing to fill the gap and try to protect the rear corners, just happen to have 2 lengths 100x80x5x1440 lying arround, (Bad advice from some muppet at the Pub about sill replacement!!)

PM me if you find anything

Les

I like those wheel arches les - did you fit them youself? If so where did you source them & how did you do the trimming?

Will

I like those wheel arches les - did you fit them youself? If so where did you source them & how did you do the trimming?

Will

hiya Will,

arches are 100mm from roccia, not sure if they are still availiable due to poor health of the guy running roccia. fitted them myself in a few hour with self tappers. ;)

I'm afraid it was a not a neat job as i was rushing for the MOT, the arches had been cut previously at the tyre fitting place with an air saw, or should I say butchered to get the 33" tyres on with the 4" offset Mach 5's so I could drive home <_<

I've attached the only picture I can find of the arches cut, before the flares where fitted. I had shaped them to take 90 rear arches, ( not handed like the fronts), but could not get a neat return, then got the Roccia arches cheap....

if you want any more info or picturs let me know..

Les

post-6628-1213894743_thumb.jpg

If you want any more photos, let me know of what exactly, and I'll send them over to you.

Thxs Bish,

Hiya Bowie, thanks for the offer. I am going to have a look at it over the weekend and will PM you once I have a plan :blink:

Les

Thanks Les,

I'll come back to you on that......meanwhile can I recommend a power washer !:lol:

Seriously though what I'm planning to do is lift the car with 1 inch springs, HD on the front and normal ride quality on the rear as I don't carry heavy loads much. The front has to be HD as it'll have a mazda slti up front with a winch and HD Bumper too. But the rear will be empty most of the time. I have a set of 245/75R16 BFG all terrains on castor alloys for road use and a set of 235/85 r16 on 3spoke alloys for playing. I also have a set of alloy 30mm spacers which I may fit. I don't know about chopping the arches as I don't want the wheels to look like silly little dots in a whole, on the other hand I don't want huge off road tyres on it all the time. I'll get the springs and shocks in first and see how it looks and performs. Will

Hi Pinkrover,

just a quick question.

I am looking for a roofrack same as the one you have fitted, tried ebay but no joy.

Do you know anywhere I may be able to source one from?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

don't want to upset you but the roof rack came from ebay, £ 40 if memory serves me. I think it is a brownchurch one or copy....

Les

Hi Andy,

don't want to upset you but the roof rack came from ebay, £ 40 if memory serves me. I think it is a brownchurch one or copy....

Les

Hi Les,

Typical, i will just have to keep looking until one eventually pops up that is local enough for me to collect.

Andy

Could do with a coat of paint, but maybe this just reflects my driving :huh: If you need any more pics Will, don't hesitate to ask

Thanks for the close up Rhys - that looks highly do-able! It'll be a couple of weeks before I can give it a go. If I do it I'll stick up some pics.