first year of build

siggy

May be it was originaly a range rover? Hence if you want to make a 90, you are chopping down from 100", therefore can make it 90 (92.5) or 88", depending on your liking. I belive in the early days of the 90 and 110 this was common practise for the majority who could not afford a new ish 90 to off road.

I would still preffer to buy the real thing.

90, He's trying to say that it's a shortened 90 to inflate the price when really it is just a rangy/series hybrid which is worth much less.

By lying he is misleading those who believe the rubbish that is his description.

They do say a fool and his money are soon parted; I imagine we'll see a bit of that soon ;)

Mo

To my question below

I have done some checking and the first 90inch landrovers were built in 1983/4 how come yours was built in 1981??

I received this answer

Have had quite a few questions about this so have tried to explain as an addition on the listing description. The Land Rover is a 90, shortened to an 88in. This is known as a Hybrid. Was already like this when I purchased it. Dated as 1981 on the V5 reg form. Hope this helps. Give me a call if I can help with any further queries.

which for my liking doesn't answer my question nor explain the year error

I think you're all very cruel. The guy probably simply didn't carefully consider all the technical aspects that the LR4x4 inquisition were preparing as an ambush :lol: :lol: :lol:

More seriously, it's so hybridised that you could call it whatever you want really, it's caveat emptor.

IANDW:

"well I didn't expect the LR4x4 inquisition"

[flash of smoke, LESEMADA appears dressed in the garments of the grand inquisitor]

LESEMADA:

Ha! No one expects the LR4x4 Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!

POPE SIGGY:

Our chief weapon is surprise! Surprise and detailed knowledge of Land Rover History!

LESEMADA:

No, wait, our two chief weapons are..

[flash of smoke, Lesemada appears with Siggy dressed in the garments of inquisitors]

LESEMADA & SIGGY [together]:

No one expects the LR4x4 Inquisition! Our 2 chief weapons are surprise and detailed knowledge of Land Rover History!

FRA. PLUGGER:

and an almost fanatical devotion to technical know-how!

LESEMADA:

No, wait, our 3 chief weapons are surprise, a detailed knowledge of Land Rover History, and an almost fanatical devotion to technical know-how!

[Flash of smoke]

LESEMADA, POPE SIGGY, FRA.PLUGGER [together]:

Ha! No one expects the LR4x4 Inquisition! Our 3 chief weapons are surprise, detailed knowledge of Land Rover History, and an almost fanatical devotion to technical know-how!

POPE SIGGY:

There's the suspicion of everything to do with Ebay, too.

FRA.PLUGGER:

Our 4 chief weapons are..

seems he's looking for quite a high price, too, reserve not met yet.

My question would be: would it be fair to say it's a 90 body from the doors forwards, a series 3 88" chassis/ back panels/ V5 registration, plus the various hybridised mechanical bits you've described? I only ask this as there are a group of people who are calling you a tw*t for saying it's a 90, so it may be in your best interest to acknowledge the reality..

chances are the question wouldn't get put up :D :D :D