Puma battery terminal bolt spec.

The +ve battery terminal on my '08 Puma is a "T" shape, with the main connection to the battery post at the base of the T and then the ends of the two arms at the top of the T are available for connections.

One end is already occupied, and the other is free, just a threaded hole but no bolt.

This would be ideal for the +ve quick-connect wire for my new CTEK Multi XS 3600 battery charger.

Question is: what is the spec. of the bolt that goes into that threaded hole?

also - the + and - wires on the quick connect are not fused, so, taking the advice given in the past to put inline fuses on both + and -, I intend to add some scotchblock-type snap on fuse holders. The manual says 3.6A is the max current the charger supplies so 4A continuous/8A blow fuses seem appropriate ?

Hope this makes sense...

Thanks

Guest diesel_jim
also - the + and - wires on the quick connect are not fused, so, taking the advice given in the past to put inline fuses on both + and -, I intend to add some scotchblock-type snap on fuse holders. The manual says 3.6A is the max current the charger supplies so 4A continuous/8A blow fuses seem appropriate ?

Hope this makes sense...

Thanks

Not sure about the bolt sizes, as battery terminals sometimes use funny thread sizes (althoug you could try an M8)

as for the fuse holder, don't use a scotchlock.... on anything! they're cr@p.

much better to get a bit of heat shrink, then cut and solder in the new fuse holder in then heatshrink over the soldered connections.

The +ve battery terminal on my '08 Puma is a "T" shape, with the main connection to the battery post at the base of the T and then the ends of the two arms at the top of the T are available for connections.

One end is already occupied, and the other is free, just a threaded hole but no bolt.

This would be ideal for the +ve quick-connect wire for my new CTEK Multi XS 3600 battery charger.

Question is: what is the spec. of the bolt that goes into that threaded hole?

Hope this makes sense...

Thanks

Are the battery terminals similar to the ones on this webpage ?

http://www.smak.co.uk/default.asp?area=sto...d=12&page=3

At a guess the bolts are M6 metric.

Best regards